DODGE RAM FORUM banner

180 degree thermostat works

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  chithead 
#1 ·
i installed 180 degree thermostat in my truck today and it works. so you guys that have a 2009 ram with a 4.7 liter engine, jet thermostat part number 10177 will work. temp gauge reads lower now. its messy to change out cause the thermostat is located at the bottom left hand side of the engine, if your facing the front of your truck.:smileup:

G
#3 ·
Yep...I changed out the stock TStat in my truck and my car shortly after getting them. Works good.

Just don't go sooo low on the temp rating that you'll have code problems come winter if it gets cold where you live.

I know guys out here in the PNW who swapped their LX HEMI powered cars over to 170 deg Tstats and got all kinds of codes thrown when the ambient temps started dropping.

#4 ·
I drilled 2 1/32 holes at 12 and 6 on my thermostat and got it to run cooler, although on really cold days I have to put a piece of card board in front of the radiator to get it a little warmer just like on the big rigs lol keeps the temps more consistent , instead of it getting up to 190 and then getting the block slammed with cooler water from the radiator when the thermostat opens.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.