DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Most aggressive exhaust for my Ram

20K views 25 replies 13 participants last post by  HammerHead 
#1 ·
Merry Christmas everyone! I've had my 2014 Ram 1500 for awhile now and it is time for an exhaust upgrade. I would like to just add an exhaust and eventually take the resonators off. My question is what is an aggressive and loud exhaust for my truck? I've been searching youtube and just can seem to find something I like because they all seem to sound the same through video. Any opinions help! thank you!

#4 ·
Happy with my MagnaFlow cat-back exhaust. Deep throaty tone without the drone... It also includes the 5" rolled stainless steel tips, which looks great in the rear bumper cutouts.

#7 ·
What about doing an exhaust cutout? Get a muffler that sounds good at highway speeds, ie, no drone and then when you want noise, just hit the cutout?

#9 ·
Cherry bomb extreme or flow master 10 series. Both are a single chamber design...the 40 is a 2 chamber.

I have the extreme now for 2 yrs and love it, i still have my resonators and its loud going around town and when you get on it. Definitely noticeable at idle and pretty quiet on the highway. Only drone is around 68-72 mph... and still it isn't very bad. Cherry bomb is around 50-60 bucks, or you can get the stainless FM 10series...not sire on the price I think its 90-100...

#16 · (Edited)
I recommend leaving the resonators to start off. I have a dynomax mini bullet with stock resonators and it sounds great. The resonators help reduce drone and it's still plenty loud and aggressive. Then if it's not loud enough for you, you could always delete the resonators and weld in straight pipe.

#25 ·
Borla XR-1 installed last week. F'ing love it. But whatever you do, cut off your MDS or it will sound horrible. Forgot what member said it but it sounds like farting in the bathtub

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.