DODGE RAM FORUM banner

LED Hood Vent Mod + Custom Aux Switches Mounted

32K views 77 replies 47 participants last post by  DevinC 
#1 ·
** Posted in wrong section, would be appreciated if could be moved to lighting** Sorry about that

Been wanting to do this for awhile, just waiting for my leds to arrive in the mail.

Saw this from another member, I forgot his name but he has a sick white sport btw also.

Anyways, I hardwired two switches in the cab one for all my LEDs and also one for my PIAAs. I got them green to match the interior, I don't plan on replacing any of the green interior lights so they match.

Took awhile and a lot of soldering to get this all done correctly. I took my time. The switches actually took a lot of patience to line them up right and make it look good.

Next I ordered new LEDs for my projectors to match all my other ones. Cool White. Just need to find out where...

Anyways what do you guys think?:SHOCKED:

Stock Vent:

Switches:

Drilled:

Lights:

Wired:

Mounted:

Sexy Beast:

See less See more
#40 ·
shit dude thats sweeeeeeeeeeeet reps to you:)

#41 ·
Sorry everyone,
My buddy ss4 did an amazing job letting everyone know.

Work just kills me.

The total cost of the mod was probably around 80. You need to get wire, connectors, switches, LEDs etc.

I got 50 LEDs from china pre wired for 10 bucks!

I went through the firewall Grommet that is visible on the drivers side right near the top. I cut a hole myself and fed the wires through with a coat hanger.

Sorry for the clack responses everyone, I am on an iPad and it just sucks. I will be home on weds.

The switches were gutsy, I did need to cut out slots for them to fit. I actually drilled a hole and used a file for precise fit. They look awesome to me!

#42 ·
Sorry everyone, at work

Sorry everyone,
My buddy ss4 did an amazing job letting everyone know.

Work just kills me.

The total cost of the mod was probably around 80. You need to get wire, connectors, switches, LEDs etc.

I got 50 LEDs from china pre wired for 10 bucks!

I went through the firewall Grommet that is visible on the drivers side right near the top. I cut a hole myself and fed the wires through with a coat hanger.

Sorry for the slack responses everyone, I am on an iPad and it just sucks. I will be home on weds.

The switches were gutsy, I did need to cut out slots for them to fit. I actually drilled a hole and used a file for precise fit. They look awesome to me![/QUOTE]

#44 ·
Not to sound dumb i suck at wiring i see the led's have a black and a red (yes i know the difference lol ) my question is how do you hook up the wires from the lights to the switch.How do you hook it up to battery then fuse then switch sorry i want to hook up some leds to my grill and would just like a break down as to hook all the wires up if i could thanks.Also a 2 or 3 prong switch and why

#46 ·
Sorry for being slow with the response, been pretty busy.

I got an illuminated switch which required me to run battery to the switch, then run battery from the switch to the leds with an inline fuse. I only shoved a 5A fuse, just to be safe.

Also the switch has a ground prong.

So the switch has 3 prongs total!

#48 ·
Bordin - Did you buy a 2nd set of hood vents or just use yours? I'm thinking of doing this over the winter but would like to do it on a 2nd set of vents.

#54 ·
12V LED bulbs, can get them off superbrightleds or also ebay

They come prewired, just need to attach them all together and supply power, easy but time consuming mod!

But thanks everyone, get a lot of compliments on the vent mod around town here too

Take care

#60 ·
BORDIN that hood mod looks great REP POINTS for you

Out here in California & a few other States, we are only allowed to have 4 forward facing whitish lights on at a time
My Ram has duel headlights, both low & high beam on each side
or i can run my low beams & the fog lights
So i would have to be selective when using hood lights, maybe we could use a different color LEDs :)
But it does look sharp

#63 ·
Damn I was hoping I would be the first to do this mod. Hopefully I won't butcher it like I probably would have if I pioneered it. Great job Bordin and Casey, both trucks look insane and thanks for the guidance. Hope mine turns out as nice as yours!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.