DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Odd shifting, Changed fluid/filter

734 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Pittman06 
#1 ·
My truck has 204k on it with the fact engine and trans still, when i got it reverse took a bit to engage and would jerk when it did, 3rd gear would slip slightly but stop once driven and the trans temp goes up. Since then i've done a fluid and filter change, and added Lucas ATF Conditioner, also ran Seafoam Trans Tune through it prior to the service. I've put a couple hundred miles on it since the service and it was shifting perfect, and now its slowly kinda going back to the same problems, just not quite as bad as it had been.

I'm ASE in collision mechanics and have plenty of other certs, been doing this my whole life but always avoided trans work, so basically i'm looking for opinions about possible causes, I am willing to tear this thing out and tear it down to replace the worn parts, but would like to know what the possible causes are before i get to that step, thanks in advance!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.