DODGE RAM FORUM banner

4" lift kit or 6" lift kit

14K views 70 replies 29 participants last post by  aparini 
#1 ·
Looking to add 4" or 6" lift kits to my rams and was wondering what ones to go with any imput would be good? Also wondering shoud I go with 33" or 35" tires? Thanks

#59 ·
Confirmation

I am gearing up my wallet for this winter when I want to do a lift and tires. I am leaning towards a 4" mostly because I am not that big and need to load it still, my fiance is every bit of maybe 4' 11" and already has a hard time getting in, and I am in Downtown Chicago often enough where I need to be under the 6' 8" mark of most garages.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I think stock height on my Sport is 6' 2" and I am currently on 275 60 r20's that I believe are approx 33"

If I do a 4" lift and 35's, that puts me at exactly 6' 8" ... right?

While I am at it, it sounds like the Bilsteins are the standard install instead of a leveling kit when using a lift. Am I wrong?

I haven't decided on wheels yet, but for tires, I really like the Cepeks FC 2. Solid tire? Damn near $400 each, so I would hope so.

#60 ·
I am gearing up my wallet for this winter when I want to do a lift and tires. I am leaning towards a 4" mostly because I am not that big and need to load it still, my fiance is every bit of maybe 4' 11" and already has a hard time getting in, and I am in Downtown Chicago often enough where I need to be under the 6' 8" mark of most garages.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I think stock height on my Sport is 6' 2" and I am currently on 275 60 r20's that I believe are approx 33"

If I do a 4" lift and 35's, that puts me at exactly 6' 8" ... right?

While I am at it, it sounds like the Bilsteins are the standard install instead of a leveling kit when using a lift. Am I wrong?

I haven't decided on wheels yet, but for tires, I really like the Cepeks FC 2. Solid tire? Damn near $400 each, so I would hope so.
Steve,
If you need to be under 6'8" then a 4" and maybe 34"/35" tires is what will work.
Doing 35" and 4" lift will take you to 6'7" providing the stock height is 6'2"

My truck was 82.5" when I ran 35's for winter.
And I have a 6" lift and Bilsteins at 1.4"
This is taller than 6'8"

If you're going with a 4" lift with 2" rear block the Bilsteins may not be necessary as you'll be almost level with maybe 3/4"-1" rake
But a level kit and lift kit cannot be combined.
Although a lift kit and Bilsteins can

If and when you're ready, hit me up and we will build your truck together.ive assisted on many here on the boards.

Btw: hope you got all your parts :smileup:

#66 · (Edited)
Lift Kit Question

Hello guys, I have 2005 Laramie 1500 4WD with a leveling kit and sitting on some 35" BF All Terrains stock chrome clad wheels. I'm looking to do a 4" Lift don't really want to go that high but still want it to look moderately lifted. looking for input as to what lift kit? there are so many out there I figured you guys would know best?

#69 ·
dont listen to what everyone is saying....do this...

buy the:
Kore offroad Complete 4" kit.
1.25 Body lift
Extended fenders.
37x13.5s
4.56 gears
and Ripp Supercharger ( if 12+, Im assuming the only thing that has changed is the computer so swap it for a 11')
Exo cage
and Bedliner paint job.

hahaha best truck ever

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.