DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Trinity instructions

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  CdnoilRAM 
#1 ·
So my t1000 with white lightning tune will be here Monday. Any pointers or advice on doing things differently the. What the directions state. Just looking for any insight, because directions are never correct. Thanks

#6 ·
What is the purpose of the parking brake being on and radio off? I just loaded my tune and didnt do either of those

#4 ·
Always keep a copy of your back up file outside of the tuner. I have a folder specifically for my D/S tunes and a separate sub-folder labeled STOCK BACKUP with the numbered file inside. I can't screw it up, move it or lose it... I also have a backup on my external hard drive. What can I say, I'm paranoid.

#5 ·
NICE^ I better get one that also. I haven't saved any files. Loading the DS downloader on Windows 8 is a pain and I gave up halfway through.

#7 ·
CdnoilRam nailed it, :smileup:

always radio off, a/c off, vent fan off, windows down or it gets pretty warm in the summer.

never did the parking brake though.

also load my stock tune for back up to my laptop.

Hate to have to go to the dealer for a re-flash if something gets screwed up, even though they are mod friendly less contact with them is better if avoidable.

#8 ·
I finally got my stock back up and last written tune copied to my computer. Should have done it a long time ago. Does anyone know if it is ok to customize your PIDs while it is plugged into the computer. I created mine while it was plugged into my truck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.