DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Travel Link from Sirius Not True to its Word

3K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  xsdbs 
#1 ·
So I have the 430N RHB, I did the Uconnect update suggested by some forum members using the flash drive and if any of you guys who made the suggestion are in Chicago let me know I will gladly buy you a round.

Now the real issue, before this update for the iPhone I updated my radio and now it is at SW version 23.04.41 (I did this in November) so it has the colored Nav soft key, and the travel link. The problem is that it does not work says no data available. I have done a couple resets and still nothing. Sirius is not helpful, they are in fact useless, all conversations end with "would you like to extend your trial".

Chrysler has no clue and my support agent is clueless, he didn't even know about the Uconnect update. Along with that my year long trial is expiring and I thought when I got the Travel link update I was supposed to get a courtesy extension (6 months or so), but clearly I am not getting that. My Chrysler support agent had no clue about that either. Unless the original trial was only 6 months, but I thought it was a year.

Could you guys point me in the right direction, or if you saved a copy of the letter that came with the update so I can show him some proof I would really appreciate it. I will probably never pay for the Travel Link, but I was curious if it was a decent feature.

See less See more
#2 ·
I'm in the same boat. Still cannot get my travel link to work.

#3 ·
That's strange, maybe Sirius doesn't have travel link activated for your device?

If you login to your Sirius account it should show up as an active option with that radio, then you would at least know everything is good up to that point.

After I updated my 430N the travel link started working immediately.

I only use it to check the weather though, it's really kinda useless.

#5 ·
My subscription says it has both. I used the official update CD. I figured the travel link is useless, I mean I do have a cell phone. But my one year subscription to Sirius runs out in April and I was told I was going to get an extension, so I wonder if it was for a total of a year, or if I was supposed to get an extra 6 months-1 year.

I just don't like when things dont work when they are supposed to. Its the tech geek in me.

#4 ·
I updated mine from a file on CD I downloaded off one of the forums, and my Travel Link didnt work, I called Sirius and they told me to talk to Dodge/Ram. So when I took it in for service the next time I had them look at it and I actually needed a new head unit after that it works and I got the 1 year Sat & TL (not 6 moths) as promised. A month after that the offical CD and info on taking it in to get the Travel Link update came in the mail.

Long story short take it into Dodge/Ram let them do it.

#6 ·
Sirius has problems

I thought i was the only one having this issue, at least that's what Sirius is telling me. I installed the CD that i received from Chrysler and it added Travel Link. However, I had to call Sirius to activate it. This is where i started having problems. After a few phone calls, some frustration and a couple weeks later they finally activated it. It worked about 3-4 weeks and then turned off. I call Sirius and they are clueless to the fact that it was ever turned on in the first place. Needless to say, I currently do not have it and i am still waiting on Sirius to call me to "see what they can do".

#8 ·
The Sirius Trial was suppose to be for 1 year
It covered the Satellite radio & Sirius Travel Link

RHB 430N Media Center radio
Because the Travel Link didn't come included in the software on the hard drive, many people complained
They made a modified CD & it was suppose to be sent to everyone that had the problem
the CD was called the
Customer Satisfaction Notification K40, Monroney Label Information, 2011

You can read it for yourself
http://www.wk2jeeps.com/tsb/css_wk2_k4011.pdf

On page 1 there is a note,

NOTE: All vehicles involved in this notification will receive an additional one year subscription (beyond the original subscription termination date) to Sirius Satellite Radio and Sirius Travel Link Service free of charge.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.