DODGE RAM FORUM banner

super conductor spark plug wires?

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  CHVYKLR 
#1 ·
please educate the new guy!! been seeing some of the little mods that folks are doing such as super conductor spark plug wires and iridium plugs, well my 07 5.7L has the blocks that botl down with the 2 rubber inserts that go to the spark plugs so how in the world can you upgrade from that since it doesnt use the typical spark plug wire to distributor like all my old trucks?
also, anyone who has done some of these ignition/wiring upgrades, please give me a few tips on whats good and whats worthless.

thanks!

#2 ·
all you can do is better plugs and msd coil packs, but most guys i have talked to including msd's tech dept have said they are a "stock" replacement($400 pretty red coils), no performance gain unless you run nos, turbo or supercharger. supposedly they are good for very high rpm running. call msd, thats what they told me(you do not have spark plug wires)only 03-05 hemis. hope this helps a little. good luck

#3 ·
cool, thanks for the info, i have seen the blaster coil kit online today and that was going to be my next question if it was even worth the 400$ for the kit if i only have a few perfomance mods, no nos or supercharger! Thanks for the info and for saving me the bother of looking into it.

#5 ·
thats a great thread but look at all his mods, i would put msd coils on too with all that and no cats. for basic bolt ons and maybe a programmer, msd said they will not make any difference. he already has the better coil setup being an 07. for less than the coilpacs he could get a fastman throttle body and notice a difference, just my .02 worth.

#6 ·
I have heard that the coilpacks are not worth the money. I was looking at them as well a while back. I would say put the money towards something worth while

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.