DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Leveling a 2012 powerwagon?

9K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  K9ExDet 
#1 ·
Just got a 2012 power wagon and I have been trying to find a 2" leveling kit for it . Everybody I talk to says their kits wont work with the PW. I call hellbent steel and they said theirs wont work either but on their ebay store it says they will .Ive used HBS kits on other Rams and I really like them. So what are you guys doing to level your PW rams? I am only doin 2" because I plan on putting a topper on the truck and want to keep a little rake so when Im towing amything Im not sagging in the rear.

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum. I myself can't help, sorry. I'm sure someone can though. I want to do the same to also get in 35's, but I think I will do more. I want to be rid of the blocks they used on the rear leafs and do a new leaf pack, but I need the money... haha. Once you start the mods they can take your money!
Anyway, welcome and enjoy.

#3 ·
a guy on another forum was running top gun customz 2" kit in his 2012 pw.

#4 ·
Check around the forum some more - I was also very interested in lifting my power wagon but since it already has the 2" lift on it I have heard the leveling kits will max out some of the front end components and you will have a horrible ride. Rancho has a nice 4" kit but again 4" is a little more than I am lookiing for right now. If you do find something and get it installed please let me know.

#5 ·
Well I ended up ordering a daystar 1" kit which wont level it but it will get it closer ,on my truck 1" will put the rear 1 1/2" higher than the front but once I put a topper on it and build a storage/sleeping area in the bed it should drop the rear down maybe a 1/2" im thinking. The 1" in the front will also give me more clearance to run 315/70lt17 tires . I also want the rear a little higher so when Im towing heavy loads it still sit decent with out squating the rear lower than the front. I have also heard that 2" or more requires adjustable control arms ,track bar drop brackets and dropped pitman arm. The daystar kit says its for the powerwagon so Im guessing 1" should be ok. Eventually when I have had the truck for a while like a year or two I will probablt do enough lift to run 37's.

#7 ·
I have a 2'' lift on mine and I have about half an inch before it hits the garage... and the garage door, from door to floor is about 8 feet 6 inches ... and my truck sits 8feet and like 5 1/2 inches ... ABOUT ... but keep in mind Im measuring from the Door to the floor... so I barely fit in the garage.... so I cant go any higher in lift lol

#8 ·
You want to stay away from leveling kits with the PW. The factory has already installed a 2" lift using the factory arms and mounting locations. A leveling kit will put the arms at such an angle that you develop steering and ride quality issues. Most manufacturers have figured this out which is why you see them say they "Wont" work even though they will physically bolt up. Your options are to run 35"s stock or lift it with aftermarket arms and go straight to 37"s.

#10 ·
[/URL][/IMG]

36" s with no lift and no issues

#12 ·
I was planning on putting 37's on mine when I lifted it,but was told by several guy's at different shops that they would rub,so I just got 35's.
Since lifting the truck,and driving it off road,I believe that 38's will have no problem fitting on the truck now.I will just need to buy new wheels with less backspacing.
I may have to trim the rear of the inner fender well at the bottom,but they should fit fine.

#13 ·
My truck would look so good with a lift :wow:, Txhillbilly, please don't post any more pics of your truck , My wife will probably divorce me if I order any more parts this year :LOL:

In actuality , in our area, a lift would hamper me , too many low overhanging branches , I already have scratches in my room from trying to squeak under overhanging trees and branches :4-dontknow:

PS: go get some dirt on that thing, before she expects me to wash mine too !!!!!!

#14 ·
I really need to buff mine out,It's scratched from the front bumper to the rear on both sides from chasing hogs thru the brush at my buddies ranch.
My best friend owns a body shop,so I don't worry too much about where I drive it.
It sure is fun to hunt hogs out of it at night though!

#16 ·
Mines scratched up pretty bad too, But, it's beyond buffing it out ,I'm not a big fan of water based auto paint , this truck scratches way easier than any I've had in the past. A repaint will probably be needed by this Fall, Not sure what I was thinking buying another black truck

#19 ·
I had Dave Smith the dealership install my 2" leveling kit. No issues they use one specific brand you can call their 800 number and order it through the acc department. Also its common with the strait axle dodge with non adjustable ball joints to have to replace them with adjustable ones when running the bigger tires. For example the mog brand. The Acc department also has info on this. I paid 300 for the leveling kit and the dealer who forgot to advise me on the replacement ball joints ended up paying the 514 to get the alignment done correctly.

#21 ·
well in this case it worked out well as the dealer paid for the alignment including the ball joint replacement. In the next day or two im having the bilsteen shocks added with an increase in range for both the front and rear of the vehicle. In reality a nice 4 inch lift is what I really wanted but as it stands now i only clear my garage by an inch lol. Im also trying to keep the warranty intact as much as possible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.