DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Bad news.. :'( :'(

1K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  PaulMys 
#1 ·
My 2001 Dodge Ram sport might have seen the last of my ownership... :(

MAY need a new tranny, they say 1st and 2nd gear is acing sluggish.
Right rear ball joint is rusting through
Some other micelanious problems.

WELL we finally got enough money to fix my truck(IT was even only supposed to be the brakes) (due to my dad's cancer and me waiting to get a job untill i got my Eagle Scout(just got it, too))

BUT we dont have the cash for a new tranny or new possible suspension

might have to say goodbye to my ram and get something way cheaper since i wont get anything out of selling it.

its also been suggesded b a few people that we sell it while we can.

So unless i can find a CHEAP ram thats at least a 2nd gen, and still reliable, this might be my last post being a part of the RAMFORUMZ. :sad: :smiledown:

See less See more
#2 ·
I feel your pain, these 2nd gen trucks are good looking, but it seems like they kill your wallet. I'm at the point where I'm about to fix it, then park it to sell.

I do have a question... what do you mean by right rear ball joint? There is only an upper and a lower for each side.

Sorry to hear about your father. May he recover from his cancer.

-Brad

#3 ·
honestly, it didnt make any sense to me either, but thats what my mom told me..
shes even less mechanically inclined than i am. So the mechanics probably told her something and she understood it and just kinda put different words in her mouth. haha

basically something is wrong with the back suspension. Ill call tomorrow and ask for more details when then completely finish going through everything.

And thank you. We've worked everything out with the doctors and he has is big surgery in October or sometime around there.

#11 ·
I think we might be able to get it fixed. The transmission might not be totally bad yet. yes, there will always be other trucks, but, its also my first truck, and I've done so many things to make it really mine and i don't really want to simply get rid of it. I'm sure you all can relate to that! haha.

And yeah, i spend a lot of time with him. He has appendix cancer, but its spread to his lungs and his, kidney? maybe? lungs and something.

For my Eagle Project i made 10 birdhouses at 5 different "stations" for 5 different species of birds. So each species got 2 of their own birdhouse that was custom designed for their own needs. Each station was about 10-15ft tall depending on the bird.
I did this around a nature path in a local park.

#14 ·
Congrats on your Eagle Scout, that's cool! Sorry to hear your dad is sick, though, my thoughts and prayers are sent that he recovers!

- Cajun

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.