DODGE RAM FORUM banner

How do you use your Ram?

How Many of you use your Ram as a daily driver?

59K views 385 replies 339 participants last post by  Profkanz 
#1 · (Edited)
Just curious. For me, I bought my Ram as a replacement for my daily driver because I needed the extra interior room for an expanding family, and wanted the option to carry whatever I need from Home Depot all while having 4WD capability in the winter. Seems like a good combo to me.

My co-workers think I'm nuts in terms of the fuel expense (I get around 15-16 on a combined city/highway loop which I think is excellent, and not too far away from how my 300M behaved), but I found when comparing SUVs and trucks that most of the SUVs I looked at got fairly crappy mileage and had less interior room.

Just wanted to see if I'm in the minority here or the majority (and yes, I'm bored at work today).

#207 ·
Daily driver 60 miles round trip.

#209 ·
It WILL be my daily driver once my ordered 2013 Big Horn comes in. I work 24 hour shifts, so I really don't drive that many miles per day. :smiley_thumbs_up:

#215 ·
DD here 100 miles a day round trip

#217 ·
I ride my bicycle to work 4 days a week when the weather is decent (9 months a year here in Boise). The rest of the miles are split up between my ’67 Bronco & ’67 Camaro. Don’t get me wrong, I loooove my Ram but the other two are slightly more fun to drive. :)

So far I have put 800 miles on my Ram in just over 3 months of ownership. I assume it will see more mileage in the winter when the bicycle & Camaro are death traps, the Bronco is just not very environmentally sealed. lol

#218 ·
Mostly everyday. My parking lot at work is a gravel lot and semis going in and out a lot. I hate parking it there. The ol Silverado not so Much so I drive it to work a lot. Lol

#220 ·
1996 Ram 1500 4x4

I am mobile mechanic on industrial equipment, so I travel up to 300 miles a day. It isn't the smoothest ride, but it starts every morning and hauls my tool like they aren't even there...

It is also our offroad toy and our travel vehicle, did a trip to AZ recently.

#225 ·
I use the Ram as my daily driver but in the warm weather I also drive my 1972 Lincoln Mark IV on short trips around town.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.