DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2014 Limited Suspension woes!

3K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  BayouHemi 
#1 ·
Greetings,

Third Ram in 5 years, 2011 and 2012 Sports were awesome, no issues what so ever. This time I moved up to the Laramie Limited, 2014. I bought it this past Saturday and it was back at the dealer on Monday....the air suspension worked off and on the first day and just failed on the second, it is stuck in Entry Exit mode and will not do anything. Even when it worked it wouldnt go into off road 2 mode. The dealer has told me they were ordering a traction control module that should fix the issue??????

Well after the issue I looked online and have read alot of "horror" stories about the package. Can anyone offer any advice or steps that I can use to work with the dealer to get it corrected?

Thanks!

#4 ·
Remain calm and they will get it fixed. I too have a 14 LL with air suspension and have had zero problems with the truck. I know four other guys in my area who also have 14 LL, and have had no problems with tranny or air suspension.

#5 · (Edited)
Unfortunately I can't relate because my Limited has had no issues whatsoever so far, air suspension included. They'll fix it for you, those are supposed to be reliable, most likely it's some sensor or electronic module.

Another thing you might want to check is if the truck is setup -- via uConnect -- in "wheel alignment mode" or in "tire jack mode" or in "transport mode" -- all those options need to be unselected.

#6 ·
I hope they can get it fixed. I had the A.S. and it was not fixed. It seems the A.S. trucks that work are awesome the ones the do not... not so much. I have heard of a few getting fixed, the issue for the most part is that no one seems to know how to fix all the weird issues the A.S. can have :(

#7 ·
Thanks to all for the replies...I appreciate them because I was already getting upset and this helped me to take a deep breath and take your advice and let them try to get it fixed.

My concern was when I asked for an update the service writer said,"Well it is kinda working but we want to try to do better than that." I asked if they had identified the problem and he said, "we think so".

I will keep my fingers crossed!

#8 ·
When my 8.4 died in my 13 as many others did I just called the 800 number to get my loaner upgraded from a beat up avenger to a truck since I use it for work. They hooked me up and called the dealer and straightened everything out. They also called the dealer and updated me on the status every few days via email. I would give the. A call and explain the issue. It maybe a simple fix like mine was with a replacement 8.4 and no more issues. But if you have anymore and have it documented though case numbers and keep track of it then it will be useful if you did happen to get a bad truck.

#9 ·
Mine was starting to act up and got stuck in the entry/exit mode. I was trying to figure out what the hell was going on, checked all the appropriate fuses and they were good. In the process of pulling them, it must have reset the system because it worked flawless afterward. Just and idea...

#11 ·
Update

Truck is still at the dealer, they have replaced several modules and flashed the truck with a couple of updates. That did not take care of the problem so they moved to the nitrogen, noticed that the pressure in the system was very low so they filled it and have been monitoring it for leaks and running it through all of the settings on the air suspension.

They said it is performing like it should but with an unusually cold night last night they had an issue so they are going to replace the compressor.

He is confident that that should solve the problem with the cold weather issue and I should be good to go.

A few more days I hope, I have owned it for 13 days and drove it less than 25 miles.

#13 ·
Knock on wood

New compressor in, picked it up today and it is working perfectly. Theory is that it was so low on pressure that the compressor was constantly trying to correct the height and that caused it to fail. With full pressure and a new compressor it is working flawlessly.

Only issue now is that one of the lot boys hit something and put a big scratch on the passenger side of the front bumper cover!

They ordered another bumper cover and will get it prepped and painted and I should be good as new by the end of next week.

It is a great truck love the 8 speed vs. the 6 speed in my '12 sport.

Thanks to all for the responses.:smileup:

#14 ·
I'm glad they took care of the issue, congratz! I have the Limited as well and it has been 100% problem-free so far. I like this 8-speed too, and I have the 3.92 gears, shifts perfectly. Aero mode on freeways is nice too, lowers the truck a bit automatically. Even though it's a truck and it's still more bouncy than a luxury sedan, the ride is pretty good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.