DODGE RAM FORUM banner

new look for 2016

8K views 88 replies 53 participants last post by  striker2237 
#1 ·
sorry if this is a repost if someone else posted, feel free to delete.

haven't seen any on here yet tho. the new 2016 models have come to light. what are your thoughts. personally i like it.
just a new grill and tailgate from what i can tell, little bit of new chrome trim to

[IMG
[/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

See less See more
#39 ·
Not a fan.

#41 ·
The snouts don't even line up with the lights, there is just no flow to the design. IMHO the shark fin isn't a big deal and I like them off to the side more than center mounted.

#42 ·
Whoever they had come up with that grille should be fired ... That grille takes away from everything we loved about the aggressiveness the Rams have. I really hope they get back on track because this is really going to hurt them. don't they have think-tanks with Ram owners giving input? If they don't they should start.... :doh:

#44 ·
I think the new grill and tailgate are ugly. Only improvement is the chrome door trim at the bottom of the doors, if you have to have chrome on the side of your truck it looks better then the rectangle pieces they offer now.

#47 ·
If you had buy a 2015.5 Pig nose Ram the current grill and tailgate should fit the 2015.5 model to give it the correct look. That's a hell of a cost to fork out on a new truck so it can look decent.

#52 ·
Awesome, a traveling billboard! This reminds me of all the GM owners with the "CHEVROLET" banners across their windshield. I have a small tolerance for badges already, looks like I'll need a much larger Milwaukee Heat Gun.:4-dontknow:

#54 ·
Puhleeze, tell me this is a "photoshop" joke! Or early April-fools! Bleccch! I'd settle for " internet hoax" right now!
"Holy Looks Like Crap Batman!"
I DO know that Chrysler (Fiat) is trying VERY HARD to ween the Ram line away from the Dodge name. But I don't think this is the way to do it. Judging from the opinions here, there is NO WAY marketing could have gotten this abomination past a Ram-Owners test panel.
One idea of mine would be to stamp the Ram name into the tailgate sheet-metal (smaller, and in a better font) , but not highlight it. As far as the grille? The "crosshair" is a classic. Everyone already knows what that truck is, don't ferk with it!

#57 ·
If I remember correctly the grille is supposed to be a throw back to kinda mimic the cuda grilles from back in yhe day.

Imo the tailgate is tacky, but I dont think the front end is bad. Yes, its new and we all know how humans react to change. Granted I don't like it as much as the tried and true crosshair but as a way to spice up the line I think they did a fairly decent job.

But again opinions are like ass holes, they all stink.

#59 ·
I understand that FCA wants to dissociate Ram from Dodge, but I kind of like to be reminded of the Dodge heritage. After all it was Dodge who innovated the swept side bed that has killed off step sides, and brought the first 4x4 trucks to market. Dodge trucks have been used in most of America's wars in the 20th century, and that's a legacy to be proud of.

#67 · (Edited)
I agree but, old Chrysler should have thought of that before they spun it off to the RAM branding, If they were so proud of their Dodge heritage, RAM brand would never exist.
Again, if we're honest, we'll admit the Dodge brand reputation was in the toilet for years, they were crawling out of the hole shortly befor the name change. RAM was the big push to chage the perception. It was do or die and I think they made the right move. I'm still on the fence about them taking the next step into RAM-dom.

If they were proud of the heritage, then it would say:

In big gawdy letters on the back still today.

;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.