DODGE RAM FORUM banner

How do you use your Ram?

How Many of you use your Ram as a daily driver?

59K views 385 replies 339 participants last post by  Profkanz 
#1 · (Edited)
Just curious. For me, I bought my Ram as a replacement for my daily driver because I needed the extra interior room for an expanding family, and wanted the option to carry whatever I need from Home Depot all while having 4WD capability in the winter. Seems like a good combo to me.

My co-workers think I'm nuts in terms of the fuel expense (I get around 15-16 on a combined city/highway loop which I think is excellent, and not too far away from how my 300M behaved), but I found when comparing SUVs and trucks that most of the SUVs I looked at got fairly crappy mileage and had less interior room.

Just wanted to see if I'm in the minority here or the majority (and yes, I'm bored at work today).

#2 ·
Long story short for me. I have 2 jobs:
1) Snow plowing and exacavation business - use Ram & other trucks as needed.
2) Day to day job (investment management business) - use a hybrid Honda Insight to commute back & forth to Boston. Rams too much of a pain in the ass to park in Boston.

#4 ·
Mine is my "daily driver" though I have 2 other trucks I use for my lawn service. During the summer my personal truck, the Ram now, sits in the garage most of the time! Love having it inside a garage, I refuse to let a nice vehicle sit out in the weather all the time! My old 2000 GMC was always garaged and had very minimal rust, just a little on the bumper edges, compared to my friends with Chevy/GMC trucks about the same age that have rusted out fenders and cab corners, they are outdoors 365 days a year... Then again, GM trucks are cancer ridden no matter what usually :(

#5 ·
Well I dont know if I am going to affect the poll that much because I checked every column. I got rid of my daily driver because my new Ram was so nice and comfortable to drive. What I spend more in gas I saved on insurance and maintainance on a second car. I use it for work, but I keep it clean (almost OCD), and I use it for all my fun trips as well. It is also the best toy that I have.

#10 ·
Daily driver. Such a great vehicle to drive we take this where ever we go as a family overtop of the family mini van that gets 24mpg (ish). I would rather have the good looks, great ride and safety of my truck (as would my wife).

We get alot of snow here and I have the Laramie edition which has 4WD Auto (All wheel drive essentially) and I dont notice a huge difference in my gas mileage. I also dont care. Bought a truck, plan for the expense. A-typically, that is all I will buy is trucks (van is for her work).

#11 ·
Only vehicle I own, so yup, daily driver. :D Love driving it too. :w00t:

#13 ·
Daily driver for me as well, nevermind the weather lol! I would like to pick up either another Ram or Jeep though for the really nasty days.

- Cajun

#14 ·
mines a daily driver and lovin every minute of it

#15 ·
Daily driver, Pleasure Vehicle, Work truck, only time that it is covered is when i park it in the shade of a bridge
[/URL]
[/URL]

#16 ·
My 2011 RAM is a daily driver. I have an 03 RAM 2500 with the Cummins diesel for towing the camper that is parked in the garage right now. Two RAMs in one garage makes for a full, but happy garage! I only drive 10 miles per day to and from work, so I didn't want to ruin the diesel with those short drives. Since we got the new RAM in December it's been to Kansas twice with the family and two 150 mile plus hunting trips.

#18 ·
Daily driver. I traded in my toy (300C SRT8) for a better year round family friendly vehicle.

Though this truck is cool enough to be considered a bit of a toy (my license plate reads FRYZTOY by the way...haha) ...it's still more DD than toy to me.

Just waiting for the day I can afford both this truck, and another performance car that I can baby! ....but the fact that my wife and I keep popping out real babies makes me think that might be a while! LOL!

#26 ·
I use my ram for a bit of everything...

It's commonly used for my DD as I enjoy being able to get in and out without any effort (I'm 6-6 250+lbs) as the audi is a tight fit for me..I own a pizza delivery shop, and catering business, so it gets used for work quite often as well, lol, people look a bit surprised to see a new ram delivering their pizza.:LOL:..Also a fun toy as I mod it more and more. Honestly enjoy the truck more than my S4, that is heavily modded, most of the time. I picked it up with less than a mile on it in Aug, as of this morning, it has 15,xxx miles on it.:158:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.