DODGE RAM FORUM banner

How much did you pay for your 2013?

90K views 430 replies 248 participants last post by  Dodgeboy1313 
#1 · (Edited)
I think there was a thread similar to this in the 2012 section & now that the stock on the lot of those is starting to dwindle, maybe a 13 section will be useful. Particularly with the changes that have come in this model year.

Personally am going to wait a little longer, but did stop by a local dealer just in case there was a small fire sale for end of month & year. Didn't happen. The guys were in a rush, quoted the wrong truck msrp while trying to convince me they were quoting 2012 pricing for a 13. More so just a rush sort of thing that didn't work, but am sure there will better deals to come within the year.

#267 ·
I just bout a 2013 1500 SLT Outdoorsman Model sticker price was $40,800. Then the dealer installed running boards he told me that retailed for 500 not sure about that. Also got pin striping down the side of the truck. both of those i got for free. After rebates and discount Final price was $31,511 I thought i got a very good deal. Basically 10k off after the parts added on by the dealership.

#269 ·
MSRP on my Big Horn was $39,505. I got it for $2,000 off invoice and invoice was $36,840 (less 2,000 = $34,840). Then I got $3,750 worth of incentives to bring the total before tax n stuff down to $31,090.

I felt good getting it for $8,415 below MSRP. :smiley_thumbs_up:

#271 ·
i've been looking to trade in my 2004 escalade for a dodge ram. Best price ive seen for a basic quad cab with chrome bumpers (tradesman) is 20,830. I live in Az and truck is located in Oklahoma, so i guess i will continue to hunt. I hope to find a crew cab for around 25k.

#278 ·
I think the only way for people to truly know if someone got a deal is if you not only post the MSRP and the price after rebates and negotiating, but also the finance rate and what you got for your trade in. For example if someone paid 27,000 for a truck with an MSRP of 40,000, but their finance rate was 7% and they only got 8,000 trade in for a vehicle that was worth at least 12,000 then did they really get a good deal? I've looked through these and it seems a lot of people raped the dealers, I got a funny feeling that is not always the case.

#280 · (Edited)
This is why I always negotiate the deal before I even mention a down payment or trade-in. And I never fall for the "How much do you want to pay per month?".

It's their job to make as much money possible off any given customer, and it's mine to make sure the deal i'm getting is legit and not "creative accounting". The first thing I tell them is I do not believe in negotiating. They already know what they can sell it for and still make money, yet make a no B.S. customer like me happy. I also prefer to deal with an internet or fleet sales person, they tend to hate negotiating more than I do and get to the bottom line pretty quickly.

BTW, I got 17.4k for my trade and paid the difference to get it down 10k (the minimum they would finance so I could get the finance rebate)at 3.9%. For me the financing is irrelevant since I plan to pay it off immediately.

#281 ·
With a trade it is a no win situation. If you don't mention it up front, they may give you a great price - then still try to screw you on the trade in value when you do bring it up.

The key is knowledge. Go in knowing what your trade is worth, what the rebates are, your local taxes, invoice pricing of the truck, etc. I researched for a month before I started seriously shopping. Also get pre-approved for financing. Then only negotiate actual sales price and the dealer fees - the rest you can figure yourself.

I knew more about the truck and rebate situation than most dealers when I really started shopping. I shopped about 35 dealers by internet, and was clear that they had to beat 3% below invoice to bother - I had 2.8% off via True Car already. I ended up with 4% below invoice and $500 more than any of the other four appraisals on my trade.

#284 ·
I bought my 2013 Black Ram Express for 33,230. MSRP was 38,640. I don't negotiate, but I wanted this truck bad. Got a few freebee's since it was from a few states away and had a few more options and a few less options than the truck I wanted. Got all the options I could get without paying anymore, but traded a few hundred miles on location.

#293 ·
10k is absolutely a reasonable price. Since its an 8 speed though the dealer will be tough to haggle down though. See if they'll throw in a spray in bedliner and some oil changes too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.