DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Some questions about getting my first Ram 1500.

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  jdiddy83 
#1 ·
I am very close to trading my 2011 dodge charger in for a Ram 1500 sport but there's alot of things I need to know before doing this transaction . I was just wondering if the Ram sport is available with the ram boxes / 5'7" bed and can I get the air suspension also . The reason I ask is because when I tried to build a sport on the web site they show both of theses not being available . Do I have to special order this match up ? Also , should I hold off for the 2014 models guys ? Can someone please tell me what the differences will be in rearms of options . I really appreciate any info . I love this truck alot but do not want to make a poor decision .

#2 ·
I just bought a 2013 white Crew cab 4x4 sport with 8 speed. While i was looking, and man depending were you are they are hard to find, I did not find a sport with the rambox but the air ride I found several of them. Look at express way dodge, freedom dodge, and there are two dealerships in St. Louis look at those and also look at dodge dealerships in OH. TN does not have poop for sports.

#3 ·
The Ram Trucks web site is not the best place to configure a vehicle as I believe it will only show the options currently available (not on restriction / shortage). You may be able to find a 2013 in dealer stock but may have to search a wide area. Any dealer should be able to order a 2014 just the way you want it or search for an in stock 2013 to trade with another dealer.

#5 ·
I just built a Ram Sport with ramboxes and air-suspnsion on Ram's website so I don't know why you can't. It shouldn't matter if the items are on restriction or not either, the web-site will still let you build them or at least it let me back in January when the air-suspension was on restriction for the Sport models. I gave up waiting for the air-suspension to get released for the Sport and ordered a Longhorn instead (with ram-boxes also). Regardless, take what Ram's website will let you build with a grain of salt. Your dealer's build system often differs from the web-site and what they can build is what you can actually get (or not if it's on restriction).

#6 ·
I was hoping I could find one at a dealer somewhere .(2013 model ). This way I could get a good deal with the 2014's coming up . I'll keep searching but it seems that most if the sports I'm finding have the sprayed backs without the ram boxes . I'm gonna keep searching . If not i guess I'll just order a 2014 model .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.