DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Dealer said I can't have Back-up Camera in 8.4an

4K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  Stuss73 
#1 ·
Well thanks to 340.00 well spent dollars and all of JeepGuys efforts in figuring all of the pinning out I can say the dealer is wrong - :999:

They were positive that since it wasn't on my build sheet and I didn't have the sensors either that it couldn't be done and I would have to settle for the in Mirror after market camera.

So to them I say Here is a 2013 Sport 8.4an with a factory back-up that is not on the build sheet :box:

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: crusher
#3 ·
I think his dealer was trying to say that if the 8.4AN didn't have the camera from the factory then it can't be done, not that you can never have an 8.4AAN and camera.

In any case they look like tools now. Glad you got squared away!

#4 ·
I think his dealer was trying to say that if the 8.4AN didn't have the camera from the factory then it can't be done, not that you can never have an 8.4AAN and camera.

In any case they look like tools now. Glad you got squared away!

Yea, that's what I was saying :smiley_thumbs_up:

The deal is that the wiring is not in the harness of the truck and an optional harness is not made so you can't pick it up as an option at a later date.

#5 ·
I Also installed the oem backup camera on my 2013 1500 SLT with the 8.4a radio and it works perfect. The dealership told me that it wasn't going to work (oh well) Cheers to jeepguy for making this possible. I know he has put a lot of hard work into it. I'm very pleased with the outcome and knowing it was $350 bucks well spent.

Attachments

#7 ·
If you go to them be sure you know what you are getting. Not saying it can't be done, but the entire OEM Body wire harness has to be changed unless a custom harness is built like how we got ours, and even then you have to add it pin by pin into the empty spots on the orginal OEM harness connectors.

Most dealers are adding the camera either in the handle, or on the plate, and running it to the mirror. This is very doable.

Good luck :smiley_thumbs_up:

#9 ·
Ooohhh, You got me, forgot the flash, it was 48.00 after a 10 minute discussion why I can't have it and it won't do any good. So I guess I'm in for under 400.00 :shy:

Yes, I did the install myself in my garage. had my brother help run the harness under the truck as it was helpful to have 2 pairs of hands.

#11 ·
Where did you get the parts for it at,thanks
I looked for local vendors but ended up ordering from factorymoparparts.com for the OEM parts, and Jeepguy helped me with the custom harnesses.

#12 ·
Oops, I forgot about the flash. I got charged a $100 for mine, but it probably all varies on how well you know the dealership and the people there. So mine ended up running me 450 but was def. worth it. I got my parts off of newdodgeparts.com and then the custom harness i got through jeep guy.

#14 ·
Don't know for what is different for trucks with Sensors. May need to ask JeepGuy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.