DODGE RAM FORUM banner

It's time!! 4" Superlift + Bilsteins + Fuel Octanes/Toyo MT's!

23K views 55 replies 27 participants last post by  BigHorn 4 Life 
#1 ·
Well after my false start last year when I was planning to lift my truck I am finally pulling the trigger on it this year. I ordered up a 4" Superlift kit & Fuel Octane 20/9 O offset with 35x12.5r20 Toyo MT's. I also picked up a set of Bilstein 5100's for the front and back. I plan on installing them at the stock height setting for now. I bought them for the improved ride/handling and for the option to crank them up if I ever want to go a little higher. I really like the 4" & 35's look so I'm not sure I'll ever need to raise them.

The truck is going in the shop tomorrow so no pictures right now but here is one teaser picture of what the wheel/tire combo is looking like! :smiley_thumbs_up:

See less See more
#4 ·
Cant wait to see pictures!
Heres a picture of mine with 4inch suspension lift, 35"x12.50 toyo m/ts and Fuel wheels!

Just ordered Bilsteins as well :)

#6 ·
Thanks guys. This wait is killing me, wont be able to pick it up until tomorrow sometime. And time is going sooooooo slooooooow!

#7 ·
Looking forward to the pics man, subscribed as well!

Do you mind if I ask what you paid for the various pieces?

#8 ·
Sure I dont mind. PM Sent

#10 ·
PM'd.

So the shop wasnt able to finish the install on Friday and now I got to wait until Monday to pick up the truck. Just my luck.. lol. :smiledown:

Sounds like they are really taking their time and doing a good job though. They haven't done too many Superlift kits before and are apparently pretty impressed with the quality. I can't wait to see how it turns out. I'll post pictures Monday!

#13 ·
subrcribed, cant wait to see pics

#16 ·
Sorry guys. I got the truck back last night after work and it looks awesome! It rides even better than stock IMO and tracks straight as an arrow. I did some quick measurements from the ground to the top center of the wheel well this morning on the way to work. Front is sitting at 42.75" and the back at 43".. perfect! I'll have to wait and see if it settles any. I also snapped some quick cell pics this morning. Sorry for the crappy quality and the dirty truck. It's been raining here the past few days. I'll give it a wash this weekend and break out the DSLR and get some better pictures. For now here's some quick pics!

#17 ·
Very nice, IMO you chose a great wheel, tire , lift combo

#18 ·
Looks good Rayne, looking forward to the good pictures!

What did you do with the old 2" Mopar level?

#23 ·
Thanks! I'm looking forward to it too. Our weather has been pretty gross lately and all I want to do is shine up my new truck but there's no point.

Looks great!! Nice choice!
Thanks! I love it. :smileup:

Looks awesome!!
Thanks bud!

absolutley beautiful bud lovin the new stance
I love the stance too!

Looks good bro! Let us know what you think of them Toyo MTs.
First impressions of them are that they are definitely louder than my BFG AT's I had. They ride a little rougher too, especially at slower speeds. I'm guessing its the bigger lugs. Still the noise is definitely not THAT bad and the ride is totally acceptable. This is my first MT tire so I cant really compare it to anything other than an AT tire.

#21 ·
absolutley beautiful bud lovin the new stance

#28 ·
Thanks! Already had the fronts tinted and got pulled over by the local 5-0. I had to remove it or face a fine. :smiledown:
Do you have any rubbing issues with those tires? Are you running 3.92 gearing and do you notice a big power loss? Have you noticed a big hit in gas mileage? I am looking at a similar lift/tire combo. Thanks.
No rubbing issues whatsoever. Yes to 3.92's and no to any power loss. I have noticed a little hit in fuel economy but its not too bad.
Looks sick! If you wouldn't mind pm me the price for various pieces and labor at the shop. I really want to lift mine but with gas going up and up and up, a little tough right now to justify doing something to my truck that is going to decrease mpg. But hopefully in the future lol
To everyone asking about prices here's a rough breakdown and remember that these are Canadian prices so probably higher than it would be for our American neighbors...
Wheels & Tires - $2800
Lift - $2200
Bilsteins - $450
Install & Alignment - $1100

#27 ·
Hey Dew, the difference in 3.92's and 4.10's is so small that you wouldnt notice a big diffrence. Now if you went from a 3.73 to a 4.10 thats a little bit more, but really only if your hauling WEIGHT. The shaft turns 4.10 times with every turn of the tire to 3.73 times with every turn of the tire, so the difference between them is really small, especially with 3.92s and 4.10s. Most 2500s come with 3.92s.

You may only see a difference of about .87-MPG (around town) from a 3.92 to a 4.10 Ratio with bigger tires. The difference between 3.73 to a 4.10 is about 1.63-MPG (around town) then goes up alittle bit more when hauling over 5K Pounds.

Hope this helps.

#32 ·
I'm not sure to be honest
Nice looking truck! Whole new truck with the lift

I know this is an odd question, but what splash guards are those?
The fronts are I believe the heavy duty rubber OEM ones and the backs are a dealer branded aftermarket one of some sort. I plan on replacing the rears with the same kind as on the front to get rid of the dealer logo.
Great looking truck!!
Thanks@ :smileup:

#30 ·
Nice looking truck! Whole new truck with the lift

I know this is an odd question, but what splash guards are those?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.