DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Exhaust Questions

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  dvc357 
#1 · (Edited)
Old Newbie Here.
I've got a 1500, 4X4, Crew Cab with a 4.7L.
I was thinking about going to a : 2 into a true 3" Y pipe, into a 3" Muffler and to two 3" outs and running those straight back, both exiting in the back together on the right side.
Is there any quantitative benefit to getting a true set of 3" Duals with a cross over instead?
Thanks

#3 ·
You know, that was my gut feelings.
I was hoping somebody might have stored some track or dyno data.
Something that would indicate real world "Street" superiority.
I dont tow, and i only carry a load a few times a year. I hit the trails about as often and primarily drive to and from work. Lastly,
I'm old but can be goaded into an occasional "appropriate" street race.

#6 ·
You know i never really thought about Spintech because they are hard to find, but browsing their website i guess i could order one up there. Also, maybe the best of both worlds. They have a 3" dual in with cross flow and 3" dual out.
Maybe i should stick with singles!?!

#10 ·
I've got a 3" single exiting in the stock location, but got an new over the axle tail pipe to lose the factory resonator on my '07 (and of course a polished 3.5" stainless tip ;) ). I went with a 18" Magnaflow though, and love the sound. It's loud, but not obnoxious. Nice, deep tone down low and sweet modular V8 sound at the higher rpm's. I love it. Good luck with whatever set up you choose!

#12 ·
OK,...against popular belief i wound up going with a good "Y" pipe, and a Flowmast 40 with 3" inlet and two 3" outlets which dump right behind the axle. I got a new muffler free so i decided to give it a shot. Yeah, it's too loud for me, but not as bad as i thought. Performance seems up, and i'll be measuring MPG this week. My neighbors are probably hating me since i leave at 0540 though. If i cant stand it after a month (i'll give it 4 weeks to grow on me) I'll change it out for a SpinTech. Anybody know which is the larger model of spinTech equal to a Flowmaster 50? STILL HAVING GOOD FLOW?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.