DODGE RAM FORUM banner

QUEStion ask here

3K views 58 replies 13 participants last post by  moparmike07 
#1 ·
if you have any question ask it here.

it be better i think to answer them. I know a good amount not the most but anyone else will chime in but welcome all. (even though i new :hah: )

#2 ·
Let me be the first lol... I changed the oil in my truck this morning..she calls for 5w-20....right? Thats what my oil fill cap shows, so thats what I used. After changing the oil there is a light, but noticable tick in the fender well on the right side. Sounds like a lifter tick or something...anyone else have this? Is this common? I never noticed it before but I never paid much attention until today. Just wanna make sure i dont blow my truck up. Also, since the 5-20 is so thin, should you change the oil every 3000 miles or sooner? Can you run 5-30 instead?

#3 ·
Yes, your truck requires the use of 5W-20 for proper operation of the MDS system. The tick you hear is likely what's commonly called the "Hemi tick". They all do it. There's no need to change the oil any sooner because of the lower viscosity. The engine was designed and built to accomodate this oil. Running the 5W-30 will hamper the MDS operation.

#27 ·
If that is the case that the hemi needs 5w20 for the mds to work why is it that hemi's with mds outside of North America call for 5w30. These are the same engines with the only exception that in North America we rely on CAFE standards and it is proven that 5w20 improves fuel economy marginally. The unknown part is the effect on the engines longevity.

#15 ·
my quad cab 4x4 will be quick soon. no car is fast:) fast is 7 seconds quick is 10 and up. sorry been busy recently

#16 ·
who needs all this turbo supercharger putting it on nos. That what i going to do

#17 ·
no juice hear..not yet at least...my last time out I was runnin 13.1's (couple weekends ago).. I'm kickn myself for not puttin my 2800 tq verter back in (runnin stock verter to have the stalled raised )...that would have definitely put me under..

I'm already takin srt10's and paxton scharged rc hemis at the track...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSB_VuN5OKY

#18 ·
#19 ·
Fred, when ya gonna come over and mod my motor for me.....There would be a nice audio install for ya in trade, lol

#20 ·
That is one very quick truck i must say!! if only i had the money! :smileup:

#21 ·
what are all you parts list them please and thank you

#22 ·
i like to see what you have compare what i have

#23 · (Edited)
here is my list thus far..

-Ramhammer cai (BFI)
-Ported TB
-Inertia Spartan Cam (214/218 @112)
-Inertia big valve heads (PAC springs an custom length pushrods)
-Pacesetter coated lt headers
-3" true dual piping exhaust (cat deletes) to dual 3" DMH cutouts to magnaflow muffler dumped after axle
-Taurus efan
-AEM Uego wb
-Linelock
-Edge 2800 tq converter
-4.10 gears (sierra)
-shiftkit
-DSP programmer with custom tune (SVS)
-summit 25 percent ud pulley (C2516)
-custom alternator pulley
-4/6 McGuaghy's drop (with bag assists)
-Caltracs traction bars
-Hoosier 17" slicks (28 x 10)

#24 ·
ok well so far i got the
krc210x
ebay intake
dual exhaust
ported throttle body
getting headers
(looking at the linelocker)
getting the -Edge 2800 tq converter
getting 2.56 gears
getting ati superdampy pulley
getting 6.1 springs with heads
how do you like the Inertia big valve heads (PAC springs an custom length pushrods) and -Taurus efan

#25 ·
now that i think of it
intake 55
6.1 springs with heads and all taht for cams 110 art henson motorsport
ported trottle body 230
headers 800
Auto Meter Triple In Console Gauge Pillar Pod $44.95
Zt-2 Standard Kit with air fuel guage 379
ATI superdampener 389
180 thermostat maby cheao mod
4.56 600
drag radials 231 a pice
Street Edge HEMIVERTER Racing Converter BILLET $495.00
guages. need only 2 guages ot 1 from zt-2........ 1 oil presure 700
diablo sport 500
nitrious nx 200
bottle heater
Heads: Both Sharadon & Inertia have great heads. I want a set of big valve Sharadon heads.
maby led taillight 170
later Hurst Line Lock / Roll Controller $129.99

maby that is a bit easier you think we be close?? don mind prices

#26 ·
..yup..except for the juice, I have everything that you want to install..with the cam/heads/header setup you'll want to do better then an ebay cai...

#28 ·
you think i thought they were all the same really?

#30 ·
no i mean i just didn't not think a 300 intake would be any difference then a ebay knock off intake? i guess there is anything you recommend? i haven't really looked into them at all

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.