DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2006 Mega Cab to 2006 Punisher Ram

32K views 142 replies 21 participants last post by  double0ram 
#1 ·
I had a mini-build thread in a different section, figured i'd start fresh, and put it all in one (and the right) place. All the stock pictures I have:

This is the only photo I currently have of the ram before mods began

2006 Dodge Ram Mega Cab 1500
5.7L HEMI
Infiniti sound system
Sunroof
power rear slider
overhead DVD building

See less See more
#91 ·
Nice million how did you get the chrome off

#92 ·
Believe it or not, I didn't. Chrome was not coming off at all, so I just scuffed it up as much as I could, as it wasn't scratching very easily, primed it, twice, and painted. Seems to have stuck pretty well, however I need to put at least 3 more coats of clear on it.

#93 ·
for sure post pics of the finished product. Maddog told me to use oven cleaner to get the chrome and and he said it came off pretty easily

#94 ·
That's probably not a bad idea. I woulda tried it if I knew of that trick earlier. I tried sanding it with 150 grit, and it really took some effort to scratch it. Instead of using the adhesion promoter first, I used a sandable primer to get a good sticky base over the chrome. It seemed to work pretty well, truck went through a touchless car wash this morning, and the paint survived the high pressure water.

#98 ·
looks good man i see you color matched your grille hope its adhered good grilles take a beating i had some adhesion problems when i color matched mine had to wet sand it after 2 months and spray another coat.

#103 ·
pics of the grille in the day time!!!!

#105 ·
It looks great!! Man the headlights really tie it together! How has the brille paint held up??

#107 ·
oh why so?? how much did it cost to do your grille?

#109 ·
man i really want to paint my grille lol. i love how the lights came out seriously, they look great color matched and the reflectors smoked really breaks it up! ill let you be the test again to see how long the grille lasts before i try to tackle it lol

#110 ·
well, even if the grille doesn't last (doing good so far, been through 3 car washes with no issue) it's not hard at all to re do. very very simple to take apart and prep and do.

I've had a bit of moisture in my passenger side headlight, however luckily enough I can visually see where I missed a section with RTV. Going to take that apart and seal it up possibly tomorrow.

#111 ·
Hmm if I get another warm day then I might try and tackle the grille. How many coats did you put on and clear too? I'm really going to tackle color matching the headlights too

#113 ·
lol i have 5 cans of clear sitting in the garage from when i ATTEMPTED to paint my mirrors.... hahah and also i bought every can of pxr paint i swear, ive been to 8 different stores and they had none or i bought them out...but that was 3 weeks ago

#115 ·
Eh 4x4? I don't like it, I'd lower it if you did. Mega cabs lowered are sweet!

#118 ·
Yea lol keep it stock

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.