DODGE RAM FORUM banner

suggestions on tires

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  brandonjansen 
#1 ·
I know it's on this site somewhere, but I need some help on tires. I've got a 2011 ram 1500 quad 4x4. Going to put bilsteins set at 2.8 in front and 1 inch coil spacers in the rear. I'm running on 20's. I don't like the over stuffed wheel well look, or the little tire look. If anyone has this set up could you please post pictures, or tell me what size and kind of tires would look best. Wife has given me green light to do some mods, and I'm not real adapt at automotive stuff. Thanx!

#2 ·
Stock tires are 33" in diameter. If you go to a larger diameter, like a 35" you will lose some performance, probably lose mpgs as well. Speedometer can be corrected with a tuner. Even if you keep stock size tires, there are much better tires available than the crappy Goodyears. If you go to some sexy off road mud tire, they may be noisy or ride worse. I like Discount Tire and the tire Rack web sites, you can read reviews from owners. If you use your truck off road a lot then a mud tire might be the answer.

#5 ·
I'm looking to run the same set up with my truck (Bilsteins @ 2.8 w/ 1 -1 1-2 inch rear spacer.)
I haven't pulled the trigger for the same reason, i can't decide on the right Wheel/tire combo to run with the level. My stock tires measure a little over 32". And i don't think i want a 35 to cause any rubbing or to look stuffed in there. I think i am leaning towards going down to an 18" wheel and running a some kind of 33 "A/T. I think the 18" wheel will give the 33's a more aggressive look...
Any suggestions or input? Anybody leveled with 18's?

Thanks!

#6 ·
If you want to keep the stock wheels and don't want a stuffed look then 295/60/20's are the best option for you. They're about 34" tall which looks great on a leveled truck. As CHP said, check out the Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing linked in either of our signatures. I put a bunch of links in there to different threads with pictures of different set ups.

#7 ·
Ive got rough country setup with 35 12.5 20 and I love it

#8 ·
Hey guys, I ordered the bilstein 5100 adjustables for the front and am planning on running them at 2.1" for a clean leveled out look. Having a hard time deciding what size tires I want. I'm pretty set on bfg's and am thinking 305-55r20, 285/65 r20, or 295/60 r 20. I'm also putting them on KMC XD series crank wheels that have a 0 offset. I want them to fill the wheel well out nicely and not stick out too far. Anyone with pictures or suggestions?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.