DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Pacesetter LTs

3K views 22 replies 10 participants last post by  BlackHemI 
#1 ·
Hey everybody. Thought I would share a few pictures and quick review of my recent addition to the truck. I picked up some pacesetter LTHs with matching y-pipe and had them coated with a 2000* heat coating here at a local shop. My cats were deleted in the process of installing the headers and y-pipe. I accounted for the codes caused by the rear O2 sensors with a custom tune from hemifevertuning.com. I must say, the truck is just straight up mean now. Especially with the custom tune; the thing just pushes ya back in the seat and doesn't seem to want to let up. I'm very pleased with how everything turned out. Next oil change I'll get some pics of the undercarriage with the truck on the stands.

See less See more
#2 ·
looks good buddy....wish there was a cheaper option for the 09+ HEMI's.....

any dyno numbers?

#3 ·
Looks good. The pacesetter LT's are a huge improvement over stock manifolds.

#4 ·
looks good buddy....wish there was a cheaper option for the 09+ HEMI's.....

any dyno numbers?
No dyno numbers... yet. Once I find a dyno location I'll take her in. Im curious too.

#5 ·
ah nice big difference in sound?

#7 ·
CHYYKLR i needed you today leaving school, some kid was revving his chevy at me...lmao he knew he couldnt hang so he went straight after i told him to turn with me...and do you have any dyno numbers on your truck? id like to kno with all your mods

#8 ·
ah nice big difference in sound?
Huge difference in sound. I think especially because the cats were deleted in the process. My buddy who installed the headers described it best. "It's like nascar when you stomp on it."

Just the other day I did a lil run with my buddy and his Rx7. From about 55-95 I slowly walked away from him. In his fairness he has some tuning issues to take care of and is only pushing about 6 or 7psi compared to his normal 10. At any rate, we had our windows down and he said the thing was just ridiculously loud.

#10 ·
it dyno'd 339rwhp.
a couple of cautions about dynos: you can see differences on the same vehicle on the same dyno on different days. these transmissions are hard to dyno b/c you can't lock it in gear...when you go WOT it wants to downshift.
I think of the dyno as a means to get your tune correct and get the most hp out of your mods. it is fun to go and see what hp number pops up but it doesn't always correlate. I saw a mustang with a powerglide run 9s but he only dyno'd 580rwhp.

I need to make it to a track just to see what times she'll do. maybe next year after deployment.

#11 ·
to get back on the Pacesetter track here is their response to my email about a 4th gen set:

Hello,
We will be developing a set of long tubes but it will not be until later this fall... At this time the earliest they will be available will be late winter.... Thank you for your interest.

#12 ·
oh man nice! and i wanna do some lt's but jeez they are expensive

#15 ·
What are you running for the rest of the exhaust?
what type of muffler/resonator setup are you running?
The rest of the exhaust consists of a custom set up by a local shop. Idk what kind of muffler. The owner owns a dodge ram and said he would put the same setup on my truck which included a "performance" muffler. I'm not sure of the brand as it is unmarked. It's a single in, dual out. No cats or resonators.

#16 ·
thats a pretty sweeeet upgrade there bud.....reps comin your way

#17 ·
i tried to post a video up of my friends titan with billstein(whatever) headers, but it wouldnt let me but it sounds sick ill try to upload it on youtube

#20 ·
lmao please dont ban me! and guys lets get some vids up of trucks, i wanna hear these bad boys! or girls! perferbly girls

#21 ·
Maybe a thread for guys to just post clips of their exhaust to give guys an idea of what different setups sound like...

#22 ·
how much was the coating? they should come that way.
Well there was the option to have them come coated. But it was quite a bit more expensive for the 2000* heat coating. I have a local shop here in Omaha that I rely on for powder coating and found that they also specialize in ceramic heat coating, amongst all sorts of other coatings... anyway for 275 I was able to get my headers and y-pipe coated with the 2000* heat coating. I also chose to get them coated locally becaues I trust the quality of work that he provides.

#23 ·
post your truck with the new mods!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.