DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Anyone with Longhorn on stock rims with 35's

2K views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  lowfast 
#1 ·
I know that with a spacer and level you can fit 34"-35" tire on the stock 20x9 rims. I am considering either a Laramie or Longhorn, if I pony up the extra roughly $3k for the Longhorn I would be keeping th stock rims (If I go Laramie I could use the extra funds for aftermarket rims.) Has anyone put larger rubber on the stock 2013 Longhorn Rims? I like th rim design, but want to see what they look like with beefier rubber. I did a search without any luck. Any pics are greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
I'm not 100% sure but I believe Madhatr02 has put bigger tires on his Longhorn. You could check out his profile and see if he's posted any pictures of his truck with the larger tires.

Otherwise hopefully there will be a few more people to chime in for you.

#3 ·
Thanks, he is running 275/65's on the stockers with the air suspension. It does look nice. I would love to see some 35x12.5's on a leveled Longhorn. BTW Brandon I think you nailed the stance/wheel & tire package on your truck.

#4 ·
Oh okay. I knew he had done something, just wasn't sure what. Can't say I've seen any other '13 Longhorns running 35's on the stock wheels. If you look in the wheel and tire section there's a few stickied threads that show guys running 35's on the stock 20's. Obviously the wheel is a little different than your Longhorn wheels but at least it's similar enough to give you an idea.

Thanks! I appreciate the compliment! I'm definitely happy with the set up at the moment, especially the wheels and tires. I still plan on doing a 6" lift with bilsteins in the future (so more like 7" of lift) but it will stay like it is now for a while at least.

#8 ·
I found some Mopar OEM two hooks for around $120-$130 on ebay. So far that's the best price I've found.

You could crank up your bilsteins a little more and add a rear coil spacer ;) :SHOCKED: Then you'd be about an 1" higher. I agree with not doing a body lift though, I'm definitely not a fan of them.

Ya I saw your post about the super 10's. You're doing a true dual setup then? Are you going to do a full X-pipe or just an H-pipe? That trucks gonna be loud with those mufflers!! :smiley_thumbs_up:

PS: Sorry for jacking your thread OP, we can move this conversation somewhere else if you don't want it here. Just let me know.

#9 ·
Have you looked into non oem ones? I believe they will be much cheaper. As of right now it's staying the way it is haha the lift is only a week old and i love it. For the true duals I didn't want to spend the money on it haha if i went that way I would have done an aftermarket y-pipe aswell. I just purchased the 3" inlet 2.5" outlet and i'm going to contact a local shop to make the mid-pipe i need.

#10 ·
Haven't really looked around too much yet. Don't know what aftermarket ones are out there. When I'm more serious about buying them then I'll look deeper. Do you know of any aftermarket ones?

Ya fair enough. I'd leave it where it is too. If you start going higher your tires will start to look too small too which you don't want.

Oh okay. So you're essentially just swapping out the muffler in your current cat back system.

#11 ·
I've actually just started to look around but check out "jcwhitney" they carry alot of that stuff. My tires would have looked way to small and with the 4.7l i didn't want to buy 37s haha. Just a muffler swap yes the super 50 hd isn't loud enough for me :doh: hopefully the local shop doesn't charge a crazy amount for a 20" mid-pipe that i'll need or even longer haha.

#12 ·
I will check out the stock wheel sticky. Any others out there, I know even though the 13's are new someone has to have started modding them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.