DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2013 ram 1 week old, stalling 10x a day w/CEL on

3K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  jimmy65 
#1 ·
hey everyone, new to dodge and this forum....

just got my new ram sport with 15km on the odo stalled 10 times leaving the dealer had it towed in on the 3rd day been in the shop twice for a total of 4 days in the first 7 days of the trucks life. now 10 days old and stalls a dozen times a day only when truck is at stop light with brake on. CEL on P0870 code - first time in shop replace tranny pressure sensor an replace start/stop switch with no change still stalling - second time in shop clear CEL still stalling.

anyone have any ideas on this issue

or any input on CAMVAP

thanks in advance

#4 ·
Hydraulic pressure plate

That diagnostic code, after a quick check, is a transmission malfunction code.

If there is fuel, air and spark and the engine is continuously stalling, then the transmission may have mechanical problem.

Discuss this with the service manager. Have you taken the service manager or service writer for a ride to duplicate the problem?

#5 · (Edited)
@ valleyracer;
p0870 - OD pressure sensor replaced,
stalled 30min after installed stalling continues....

i havent taken anyone for a ride but they had the truck for 3 days and gave it back saying "its all fixed"

also when CEL comes on a day or two later and when it does "eco" mode disables and theres a hard shift into the gear after first ...... i say this because after first gear it dosent shift again till after 120kmph .... so it must go into like fifth or something???

question---- could p0870 tranny code or any tranny code cause the engine to stall?
i was thinking maybe (airflow sensor, idle control, TPS) it just cuts out at traffic lights???

thanks

#17 ·
Presenting dealership with codes?

update:

TCM issues have now turned into PCM / wiring harness issues

and apparently "chrysler" doesn't "buy back" was told by "chrysler" customer care to contact

dealer for assistance
Are you presenting the dealership and/or service manager or tech-shop staff with the codes you've found?
For example, if the engine is idling, starting, revving etc - the tranny has to be the culprit.
Try to be specific when you say issues: short circuit, dent, fried fuses, burned circuity, dead sensors etc

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.