DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Has anyone painted their Calipers yet?

4K views 26 replies 15 participants last post by  98RamSport 
#1 ·
So I am going to upgrade my Ram with cross dimpled and slotted rotors, stainless steel braided lines and better pads. Was thinking of painting my rotors while I was down there. Think they would look good painted with the new hardware and the 22" wheels. Any thoughts or any experience doing this? Any pics???? The pics would be awesome! Since the truck is silver was thinking of painting the calipers a medium metallic blue instead of the standard red everyone else seems to use.

Help me out guys and let me know your experience, which products you used and if you have any pics or not..

Thanks in advance to all! :wavey:

#8 ·
I did this on my old car and plan on doing it to my truck soon as well. I found the stuff that holds up best is actual caliper paint. Any local auto place should have some and its fairly cheap. And blue calipers on a silver truck look amazing. Sry no pics but look at the 04 VW R32s. Thats how they all are and it is a great look!

#11 ·
Fantastic truck, fantastic pics. I don't have pics up yet, hell I haven't even finished the project yet but when I get a chance to, I will definitely post pics. Mine will be red, of course. And yes, I do recommend caliper paint, because only caliper paint can withstand the extremely high temperatures of brakes. You should be able to find caliper paint at any auto parts store.

#22 ·
Looks like a winner, what brand of rotors did you go with and where did you find the best deal? also is the paint the brush on type or the spray can and was it messy? anything you learned that would help me out, any hints or tricks to this upgrade? Was it just a simple, straightforward rotor & pad swap? Need any special tools front or rear?

#23 ·
The rotors I got off Ebay. The red paint I did with a brush and it took awhile to do, several coats. The black was a spray and very east and better coats. No special tricks but getting the bolts out of the bracket that hold the caliper in place was a real bear to undo. I used a breaker bar and a pipe to get more leverage. :smileup:

#24 ·
Polishing looks terrific, don't think i have ever seen that before. my truck is not a show truck though, a daily driver. Wouldn't that require re-polishing all the time to keep them up?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.