DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Engine light on....how to fix?

4K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  RamTech 
#1 ·
Help! I have a 2004 dodge ram 1500 5.7L hemi sport. I ran the ob2 sensor test and recieved the codes po562, po442, po456, and po700 i know 562 is low battery voltage, 442 456 both are leaks in evac? 700 is transmission controlsystem failure. How do I fix this? also when shifting into 3rd the power and performance lacks big time. is this because of the 700 code? My number is 813-713-0488 please if anyone can help call me and leave a message. Thanks everyone.

#2 ·
Whoa, that blows. Did you just buy this truck? Did you mean evap. leaks? When my truck shifts to 4th even if I am still accelerating the RPM's drop. Wierd at first but I think thats just how it is unless your really gittin on the gas. Sorry though I cant help, I would say have a shop (you trust) check all that out. Tell them you know the problems and ran the code, dont think it would be right for someone to try and charge you for pulling the codes when you know what they are and can already tell them. And if they want to see the codes for themselves then thats on them, you shouldnt be charged for that part, just my opinion though.

#7 ·
:smileup: Way to go Kens04. No stoppin this fellow. Awsome:smileup: Oh yah is your mat still in the truck..It didnt shrink on yah did it.:LOL:

#9 ·
Hey Bones the mat is still all good, no shrinking thanks. lzrdkng07 (like Jim Morrison lizard king?) let us know what you find out with all these issues. deanthecrabman is right check that alternator, it would suck to buy a new battery when you need a new alternator, or the other way around and kill your new battery.

#11 ·
If the evap codes are real, get a factory replacement. I had P0455, got it down to a 442 with a thorough going over of the entire system. First thing I did was an aftermarket cap, then alot of replaced rubber. Like I said, got it down to a small leak. Replaced the aftermarket(Stant) cap with a factory cap. Two full tanks of gas, no more codes.

#12 ·
P0700 doesn't indicate a specific problem. It's there to refer you to the TCM for specific codes. Without the specific code and type of trans you have, I can't tell you much more. As for the evap codes, check all your lines first, then the gas cap. No sense in spending money on a new cap until you're sure about the lines.

#13 ·
well some results are in... evap codes caused by new locking gas cap. The other code for battery voltage was also correct and the battery needs to be replaced. the 700 code for transmission control system failure i still have not figured that one out yet. I know third gear has power and performance issues. If anyone knows how to fix this please help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.