DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Superchip

716 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Pride0aries 
#1 ·
I was advised to get a superchip for my 04 ram 1500 5.7 hemi. What kind works the best? I have seen digfferent ones on many sites just not sure if any particular name brand is better than others. Can anyone help?

#2 · (Edited)
Hi, I have the same year truck as yours and I'm using a DiabloSport Predator. It has 3 tunes, with the 93 octane being the highest. Only thing with this unit is that there isn't any trans control for our year. But the performance tune does add to the tranny to make it shift a lot better. You do have quite a few variables to play with on the engine though.
You can look at the website for more info. I like mine but, you might not, depends on where you are going with your mods. Good Luck www.diablosport.com/

#5 ·
I was a little confused reading their specific settings - do they allow you up to 6000 rpm shifts? What is the stock shift point in gears?

Looks like a good setup. I'm familiar with COBB, JWT from my other vehicles, looks like a similar approach to the COBB AP.

Quick Adjust parameters

Quick adjust parameters do not require a reflash to take effect, they require a key cycle, these parameters are available in a separate "Quick Adjust" menu item as well as in the modify parameters menu.
User will be asked to cycle key after each adjustment.
ESP mode
Enable or disable the ESP (traction control), NOTE: When disabled the ABS, ESP BAS and (Brake) lights will be illuminated and ABS will not be operational Reset TCM adaptation
Resets the learned TCM adaptation(instead of pulling a fuse). Shift Points
Raise shift points by a predefined setting, 5.7L's (1-2 5800rpm, 2-3 6000rpm, 3-4 6000rpm), 6.1L's (1-2 6400rpm, 2-3 6400rpm, 3-4 6400rpm).(N/A on Jeep) Shift Firmness
Reduces torque management between shifts for a firmer shift , N/A on SRT8 vehicles.

http://www.diablosport.com/index.php?module=htmlpages&func=display&pid=122

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.