DODGE RAM FORUM banner

My Build PX8 RAM

84K views 1K replies 31 participants last post by  BrandonB 
#1 ·
I picked up my Ram on March 7th, went through 3 dealerships before I could find one that would order my truck with the factory rubber and carpet mats, you would not believe how difficult that was, I assumed by picking the rubber mat option, thats what you got, but no, you actually delete your carpet mats, and they get $190.00 for the rubber to boot, so I asked how much for the carpet mats, for the factory mats I was told $320.00, that makes those rubber mats worth 500 bucks, so long story short 3 dealerships before they saw it my way and gave me both sets of mats. My truck is fully loaded, the only thing I didn't take was the cargo management and those side steps< oh and by the way, the dealer that wanted 300 bucks for the mats, wanted to charge me one hour labour per side to take off the bars with no credit, and 3 hrs per side for the billet ready lift spacers with a major allignment as the cherry on top. Needless to say the blew the sale, and I reminded them of that everyone of the four phone calls they made to try and change my mind. Any way I decided to order and get exactly what I wanted, and here it is beside old faithful when I brought it home.

First real mod was the headlights and the roof marker lights

Added the Iron Cross steps

Then the painted EGR pocket flares and smoked vent visors

Then I decided I liked the Recon halos beter so I did the tail lights at the same time as well as the leer 700 Lid

Finally the grill had to go, and swapped in a black honeycomb

Still working on wheels, I have it down to American Racing or XD

Let me know what you think, I'm kind of leaning toward number 3

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.