DODGE RAM FORUM banner

My Build PX8 RAM

84K views 1K replies 31 participants last post by  BrandonB 
#1 ·
I picked up my Ram on March 7th, went through 3 dealerships before I could find one that would order my truck with the factory rubber and carpet mats, you would not believe how difficult that was, I assumed by picking the rubber mat option, thats what you got, but no, you actually delete your carpet mats, and they get $190.00 for the rubber to boot, so I asked how much for the carpet mats, for the factory mats I was told $320.00, that makes those rubber mats worth 500 bucks, so long story short 3 dealerships before they saw it my way and gave me both sets of mats. My truck is fully loaded, the only thing I didn't take was the cargo management and those side steps< oh and by the way, the dealer that wanted 300 bucks for the mats, wanted to charge me one hour labour per side to take off the bars with no credit, and 3 hrs per side for the billet ready lift spacers with a major allignment as the cherry on top. Needless to say the blew the sale, and I reminded them of that everyone of the four phone calls they made to try and change my mind. Any way I decided to order and get exactly what I wanted, and here it is beside old faithful when I brought it home.

First real mod was the headlights and the roof marker lights

Added the Iron Cross steps

Then the painted EGR pocket flares and smoked vent visors

Then I decided I liked the Recon halos beter so I did the tail lights at the same time as well as the leer 700 Lid

Finally the grill had to go, and swapped in a black honeycomb

Still working on wheels, I have it down to American Racing or XD

Let me know what you think, I'm kind of leaning toward number 3

See less See more
#2 ·
Truck looks great :smiley_thumbs_up:, and definitely prefer #1 unless you are going to do something crazy with the suspension..

I want to see some interior pictures of this madness you are talking about...

#4 ·
Any ideas out there on what to do with the fogs, are there tinted ones out there on the market place, kind of sucks having everything tinted or blacked out and have those bright white and shiny lights staring at you, like I said, any ideas greatly appreciated

#12 ·
Yeah I know you were kidding, I have to remember people at the other end of these things cany see facial expression or emotion, thus thew need for things like "lol", anyway just got back from the cottage, anybody from Ontario will know what I'm talking about when I refer to being in the 401 parking lot for 5 hours, you would think I would learn my lesson by now, but being up at the cottage is like being in heaven, its just never long enough

#18 ·
Does anybody out there know what the factory offset is on these 20 inch chrome clads, 3 dealerships and a whole lot of blank stares, shirley this info must be out there somewhere, I just cant find it, and I need it to figure out which wheel Im going to buy, one I'm looking at is negative 10, the other is negative 38, any help would be appreciated

#20 ·
As it stands right now, the stock tires are about 10 t0 10.5 inches, I want to run something in the order of a 35, BFG All Terrains go to 315 X 12.5 wide, everything else like MT, Cepek, Pro Comp are 35 X 12.5, any way, there is approximately 1/2 inch clearance between the upper A arm and the tire now, and ythats with the 10 inch wide tire, if I want to fit a 35x12.50x17 I am going to have to move the inside of the tire out at least an inch, I'm not a fan of spacers, so that means I need to find a wheel with sufficient negative back spacing, those ATX Artillery's are -10 ofset, so that means there would be a change in offset of 28 to 29 mm, 25 mm is approximately 1 inch, the ATX slabs were -38 offset, so that would mean a change of 57mm which is approximately 2 inches, assuming of course I'm doing the math correctly

-10 mm offset

-38mm offset

#21 ·
Your math is fairly close and accurate :smileup:
But you still need to factor in the tire to get true width

Stock tires are 10.8" wide. The clearance between tire and control A arm is between 5/8"-3/4"
Regarding aftermarket....
Tires are tires. Tires cannot be moved out....but it can be moved out with a negative offset rim or something less than stock.

Toyo MT's do have a 35x12.5x17 available. (34.8x13.2)

I'll assume that those 17" wheels are 9" wide and use that in the example and using the toyo MT tire above

-10 offset:
You'll be 2mm (0.1") closer to the control arm and you will stick out of the fenders by 58mm (2.3")

-38 offset:
You'll clear the control arm and have much more space than stock wheels but you will stick out of the fenders by 86mm (3.4")

Either way, you have the pocketflares so you'll need to find out how far you want the wheels to stick out to either be flush with the fenders, tucked in or further out.
Either wheels should be ok.
I believe you're leveled....can't recall.

Hope this helps.

#29 ·
Aw come on, They are on ebay for $1,568.50, thats only $392.13, and when I spoke to them they were going to throw in a set of new wheel nuts, gotta be worth 30 bucks, hell that brings the price down to $384.63, hell they are practically giving them away:wow:

#37 ·
Did you confirm air, hopefully you don't get burned and they don't show up empty, then what will a big city fella like you do, you know like in the song, don't know how them city folk even drink with out a windmill, no air ??? Don't even want to open that pandora's box

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.