DODGE RAM FORUM banner

How to remove and paint radio bezel

15K views 20 replies 17 participants last post by  krazyasslunatic 
#1 ·
just finished my first mod, painting the radio bezel. im pretty happy with the result and cant wait to start painting other interior parts. here is a bit of a how-to/progress pics.
here we have the stock grid pattern bezel

need to pull this panel down

there we go

unscrew this screw

and this one

open up the cup holder and ashtray and pull out

undo the 4 or 5 wire harness'

if replacing the stock radio, undo the 4 screws on the corners

undo the 4 screws on the corners of the hvac control knobs and the 4 screws on the tray

drill out the plastic welds. and i cut the three welds on the top of the panel

sanded for the most part

primed, but i still needed to do a lot more sanding

See less See more
#5 ·
looks good

#8 ·
dash

Awsome step by step instructions. Extremely helpfull to anyone wanting to do this. Great job and looks great. How much time from start to finish approx. Thanks bones64:smileup::smileup::smileup:

#11 ·
Awsome step by step instructions. Extremely helpfull to anyone wanting to do this. Great job and looks great. How much time from start to finish approx. Thanks bones64:smileup::smileup::smileup:
since i didnt have time to work on it all at once. it took me about a week. that was workin on it maybe an hour a day.
Very awesome write up!! :rep:

P.S. I hoep you don't mind, I changed the title and moved it to the Knowledge Base section! :smileup:
ye i went to go back to the area that i posted the thread and was like where did it go? and thanks everyone for the rep points and the comments. ill have more to come as i plan on doin the some pieces on the doors this weekend.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.