DODGE RAM FORUM banner

New Ram R/T Owner! Exhaust ?'s

3K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  erm 
#1 ·
I just bought my Bright White Ram R/T and I am looking to replace the exhaust. I've been lurking around the forums and decided on a 14" Magnaflow. Now I just need the part number which I was not able to find. Also I would only need one muffler correct? One last question is this the loudest muffler i can get? (I do not want the mufflex system I've read several people have had trouble with it)

#2 ·
Mufflex = Magnaflow... one and the same. I ordered the 18" "Mufflex" for my truck and it's a Magnaflow (you can see it stamped on the muffler):

I'm not sure what "trouble" you've heard about but if you do a search on this forum you'll find lots of users (myself included) who are very happy with them.

Yes, you only need one.

#3 · (Edited)
I just installed the 14" mufflex on my r/t. Easy install no problems at all, just read the instructions it gives you. Its got a good deep throaty sound. If i ever want to go louder i'll just remove the resonators. Mufflex also sells a muffler delete setup, that will most likley be the loudest. Only reason i went with mufflex was because the pipes and brackets already came with it with good clean welds too. I dont trust any muffler shops around me to do the welding on my cars and the mufflex was an easy do it yourself bolt on.

Attachments

#6 ·
#9 ·
So... How horrible does a 14" Magnaflow with no resonators sound? Cause I might have cut off my resonators like a week after getting my truck cause it was a cheap way to make it louder and cut down on that metallic popping sound in the exhaust note. >.>

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.