DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Where to Mount My Hi-Lift Jack?

9K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Poriggity 
#1 ·
Hay everybody! Would like some general opinions on where to mount my Hi-Lift Jack. I have a 1995 Dodge Ram 4x4 1500 single cab short bed with no body modifications (i.e. bumper guards, racks, etc.).

I thought about on the hood but not sure if I want the jack in my face all the time...

I'm thinking about mounting the jack on the bed rails inside the bed of the truck. I do have a rail to rail toolbox in the back...

All feedback and opinions are appreciated! Thanks...

Dan

#4 ·
I just came in from looking and measuring and I thought about that too. My only concern is the additional loss of depth to my bed (short box). A lot of my gear when I go out goes under the box and right against it. If I mount it on the side I really don't lose too much because of the wheel wells.

Decisions...decisions...:doh:

#6 ·
I wouldnt mount it to the hood. I mounted a HiJack to the hood of my Samurai Crawler with baja lights on the sides by the mirrors and that jack drove me nuts! IMO, I would mount it either to the front bumper if you could find a way or mount it in the bed.

#7 ·
I had that same problem with my Wrangler. I did it because it seemed logical (and I thought it might look cool), but quickly removed it and mounted it on the rear bumper.

#8 · (Edited)

Attachments

#9 ·
it looks ok there, its just my thought, but, it looks like the base of the jack may be better placed against the tool box, seems like it would be a bit more out of the way

#10 ·
I did want the jack's base against the tool box but I also wanted the jack on the passenger side of the truck. It was either have the jack's base against the tool box and have it mounted on the driver's side or the way I have it mounted now. The Loc Rac mount I used forced me to mount it this way because I did want it on the passengers side. :4-dontknow:

#11 ·
Looks good. Up and out of the way.:smileup: Thanks for sharing and the pics. Well done. Love my short box but its amazing what a few feet can do when you need them.:smiledown:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.