DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Lost display on stereo/Nav

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  GTyankee 
#1 ·
Wife called me today and told me that the display on the audio/Nav head unit was out. Still had stereo and uconnect as normal but no display. She turned it off, tried all of the hard buttons and no luck. The only thing that she didn't try was to turn the truck off and back on. Will find out later today when she comes home if it came back on. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem. I will call the dealer and let them know but just thought that I would check.
Thanks in advance.

#5 ·
I was doing a radio software upgrade & then upgrading the Maps
It reads that while doing the software update, that the upgrade should NOT be interrupted & i didn't. Then while i was upgrading the Mapping upgrade, the display read that that part could be interrupted, it takes a while to do it, like maybe 1/2 hour or more.
I had to do something & i interrupted the program & when i came back, i had no screen, i tried just about everything, then i remembered that a member had mentioned that the Climate Control FAN seemed to be connected to the radio.
I was messing with the fan, the radio buttons, cd eject, key on off & the display started working again. The map update started all over again, i grabbed the spare FOB, left the one FOB in the ignition, locked the door with the spare FOB & let it finish the map upgrade.
If i ever do it again, i will not interrupt it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.