DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Installed the Bilstein 5100s

13K views 32 replies 23 participants last post by  mwright3102 
#1 ·
Hello Guys :Hey:

I just got my Bilstein 5100s installed today. I have to say that they are awesome!!! I do not feel the bumps in the road like before. It feels like I am riding on a cloud, they are so smooth. I can not explain how much I love these shocks.

I did not think they would be this good. I LOVE THEM!!!!!! haha. If anyone is looking to buy shocks, go get these!!! Man o man they are good!

I also used them to raise the front of my truck. I took out my leveling kit and am selling it now. I have it in the sale section of the forum. The leveling kit is 2" and so are these shocks, that is why I am getting rid of them

I posted an image off the internet, it does not go anywhere, I think. I did not take pictures of them before I got them instaled since they were sitting in the shop. This is what they look like. I will get a back shot to show you them on the truck.

See less See more
#2 ·
So they made that much of a differance.. Also did you ever get your sway bar installed ?
Curious about that mod..

#3 ·
I tried to order the sway bar and they said they dont ship to Canada, or I would have to pay a lot more. I decided to hold off on that for a little since I just installed these. After what I saw with adding these shocks it makes me want to finish off the suspension

#5 ·
I sure do! Made the truck drive so much mroe smoothly

#8 ·
nice looking set of shocks!!!!
so much nicer when you order something and it ends up being as good as you hoped!!
post those pics!!!!

#9 ·
I'm thrilled to hear the good report!

I'm waiting for them to get back in stock and I'm going to pick up a set as well. Who did you order them from?

Luke

#10 ·
Pics of shocks!

Hey Guys!

I finally got the pics of the shocks installed.

If you see one of the pics it show the grooves at which the spring assembly sits on. The rear shocks took about an hour to install. The fronts took about 3hrs to install. I took it to my shop to get done since I am not that mechanically knowledgeable haha

Reactions: KA1OTE
#13 ·
I do all my stuff at a shop, I do not want to take a chance and ruine the truck. If it is minor then I will take a stab at it haha

#14 ·
Scat they look awesome in there! :smileup: great upgrade

With a review like that im pretty when the time comes to replace mine i might have to pick a set of them up! bilstien has good reviews everyone i read!

#16 ·
It is definitely a great ride now. They also control the bigger tires as well too. I will recommend them to everyone who wants new shocks

#18 ·
Scat, so you took your leveling kit off and it looks like you are running the 20" wheels so these 5100's are basically for a stock setup, correct? Just making sure that you didn't have a lift on you rig. Based on your review it sounds like you really like these shocks, I've read very good reviews from others online as well. Might have to make the switch...

#20 ·
Yes, the strut's rod is long enough to accommodate the spring being loaded higher up on the body.

....and YES I wish I'd have known this two years ago...That said after I get mine I'm going to find some 1" blocks for the rear or add a leaf so that I can load the shock an inch higher. ;)

Luke

#19 ·
Thanks for all the comments guys!

You can use these shocks on any set up, they are like normal shocks. They have 3 different ride height options. You can do 0-2"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.