DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds When you are modding everything on your Dodge Ram, this is the place to showcase the build.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-02-2014, 12:15 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: PRP Deep Cherry Red
Rep:75
CherryRam will become famous soon enough

Washed up tonight. Goes in to work with me tomorrow and gets 3M paint protection film installed on the front end after the paint work it had this summer. I haven't driven it much since they love to coat everything in sand and gravel when it snows and I am NOT interested in chipping up my new paint and hood lol. And one day I will have a phone with a camera that isn't cracked and wrecked and takes decent pics haha.

Finally got around to snapping a pic of the areas on my rims that are a little light on the dip.

12' Ram 1500 Sport
03' Acura RSX-S
07' Suzuki GSXR 750
Old 12-02-2014, 09:36 AM

Vehicle: 2002 Ram 1500 Reg Cab 2WD
Trim Level: ST
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:132
KelseytheDodgeGirl will become famous soon enoughKelseytheDodgeGirl will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryRam View Post
Washed up tonight. Goes in to work with me tomorrow and gets 3M paint protection film installed on the front end after the paint work it had this summer. I haven't driven it much since they love to coat everything in sand and gravel when it snows and I am NOT interested in chipping up my new paint and hood lol. And one day I will have a phone with a camera that isn't cracked and wrecked and takes decent pics haha.

Finally got around to snapping a pic of the areas on my rims that are a little light on the dip.
Lookin' gooooood
I seriously wish I could wash Silver, I'm jealous. His rims are a mess. But, I got my paws on some jacks. I'm seriously contemplating making the basement my paint booth again for those wheels.

Anyway, I have to agree that it got pretty thin there, but from a distance, in the pic, it's not noticeable. I had to zoom in to see it, TBH. It may present an issue when trying to remove it, that's all.

1996 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie 5.2L V8 "The Beast"
2002 Dodge Ram 1500 ST 4.7L V8 "Silver" Build thread
2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie 5.7L V8 Hemi
Old 01-13-2015, 01:17 AM

Sorry for lack of updates. Winter time is spent in cold and darkness and the ram is just sooooo dirty
It's been spending last week and this week at the dealer to hopefully get to the bottom of it's vibration issues. Got through to them this time that it's not bad or aggressive tires causing it. They put it up on the hoist with a tech in it, got the wheels spinning up to 100kph and watched and found that a random wheel would start to shudder once in a wheel. They are rather perplexed so I said keep it overnight now and figure it out.

On a brighter note though I have new headlights coming so I can redo my retros and hopefully be leak free. Also ordered LED pod light brackets for the fog lights then when I have money again I can order the LED 3" pods and an oem auxillary switch set and be on my way with ultra brightness. Also got my backup cam in and programmed. How the heck do you keep that thing clean?!

12' Ram 1500 Sport
03' Acura RSX-S
07' Suzuki GSXR 750
Old 01-13-2015, 01:27 AM

KelseytheDodgeGirl will become famous soon enoughKelseytheDodgeGirl will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Sorry for lack of updates. Winter time is spent in cold and darkness and the ram is just sooooo dirty
It's been spending last week and this week at the dealer to hopefully get to the bottom of it's vibration issues. Got through to them this time that it's not bad or aggressive tires causing it. They put it up on the hoist with a tech in it, got the wheels spinning up to 100kph and watched and found that a random wheel would start to shudder once in a wheel. They are rather perplexed so I said keep it overnight now and figure it out.

On a brighter note though I have new headlights coming so I can redo my retros and hopefully be leak free. Also ordered LED pod light brackets for the fog lights then when I have money again I can order the LED 3" pods and an oem auxillary switch set and be on my way with ultra brightness. Also got my backup cam in and programmed. How the heck do you keep that thing clean?!
I can understand the busy!
Hope they get to the bottom of the vibration issue~ I'm not much for that type of mechanical issues, but have they checked the U joints? (That was what was the '06's issue with vibration, though it sort of sounds like a different deal, idk)
Wheeee, light work!
I want to crack silver's headlights open but I'm nervous they wouldn't even go back together again

I washed silver when it was 36 degrees a few weeks ago but old man winter really sunk his teeth in this last couple weeks...
Everything is salty and road-grime covered

Quote:
How the heck do you keep that thing clean?!
... very carefully? D:

Old 01-13-2015, 01:32 AM

I thought u-joint at first too but when it showed up as a random wheel shudder I'm starting to lean towards a stability control issue. But they are going through the diffs and everything now.

Give it a shot on Silver's lights! The only reason I am having issues is I've opened them and resealed them so many times I've warped the housing.

And yea I find by the time I've even driven 5 blocks away my backup cam is already too dirty to even see out of. Ugh I want summer back.

12' Ram 1500 Sport
03' Acura RSX-S
07' Suzuki GSXR 750
Old 01-13-2015, 02:08 AM

Quote:
I thought u-joint at first too but when it showed up as a random wheel shudder I'm starting to lean towards a stability control issue. But they are going through the diffs and everything now.

Give it a shot on Silver's lights! The only reason I am having issues is I've opened them and resealed them so many times I've warped the housing.

And yea I find by the time I've even driven 5 blocks away my backup cam is already too dirty to even see out of. Ugh I want summer back.
That sucks, but warrantied, right?

I'm gonna have to wait till it thaws out, all the bolts holding the housing are seized, INCLUDING the ones that adjust the beams.

Yeah warmer weather would be nice. Hell I'd take 45 degrees F for pete's sake! :|

Old 01-13-2015, 10:00 PM

Better be warrantied lol. I bought new to save myself the headache of used truck problems.

And here's the fancy new ICI brackets for my led fog light pods that are on order.
Rigid industries pissed me off so I wont give them my business. And after comparative research found them to be astronomically overpriced when compared to offbranded led pods that produce the same and some even better than rigid.

12' Ram 1500 Sport
03' Acura RSX-S
07' Suzuki GSXR 750