DODGE RAM FORUM banner

grill removal

2K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  Grubrunner 
#1 ·
I'm trying to remove my grill to switch to black honeycomb but got stuck. I've removed the four top bolts and released two plastic clips at the bottom near the center of the grille and it won't budge. there are two plastic clips at either lower corner and I've tried to release those also, still won't come out. Is there something I'm missing or am I just being to gentle so I don't break something? I can't see anything else holding it in. Posts I've seen say that it comes right out but gives no details on the steps needed to remove it. I tried a search but couldn't come up with anything. Any help would be great!! Thanks

#2 ·
Can't help ya with the grill, but you're the first Iowa boy I've seen on here. Nice looking avitar of the white sport!!

#6 ·
I just posted an add in my local classified (Kijjii) and had a few replies within a week or two. Guy came over and we swapped them out in my driveway and both trucks looked better. :smileup:

#9 ·
Well the grille change is done. I know I'm going against the flow here but I'm old school and I like a little chrome on my truck. Plus, I really prefer the black honeycomb over the bars. I'll keep the original equipment just in case I have a change of heart in the future. I'll try to upload pics of the changes.

Attachments

#12 ·
Looks good man.. I am looking for chrome inserts since I already have the black honey comb and I think chrome would look better beside my body matched painted grill. Are you willing to let those inserts go at a decent price? I have been dieing to do something to my truck and just have not had the extra cash/time to do anything!

PM me or something to let me know yay or nay.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.