DODGE RAM FORUM banner

TopGunCustomz Levelling kit Installed

3K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  DJ111500 
#1 ·
Well folks I finally received my 2" leveling kit from TopGunCustomz. I installed it today and it looks fantastic. Don't worry, pics are soon to come.

I really wanted to do a step-by-step graphic install how-to but in my excitement I forgot my camera.

For the DIY type, the instructions were a little vague so here are some suggestions to make it a little easier.

-Undo the sway bar links - allows more movement in the lower control arm

-Undo the tie rods - you need to extra room to slide the strut assembly out

-Undo the upper ball joint - you need the extra distance between the upper and lower control arms to get the strut with the levelling spacer into the strut mount.

-Definitely need two jacks - one for the front crossmember and one for underneath the lower control arm.

Thats all I can think of now. If anybody has any questions about this kit just ask.

I haven't gone for a drive yet but I'll let everyone know if there is a change in ride quality.

When it stops raining here I'll snap some shots and post them

See less See more
#4 ·
I have DEATH WOBBLE!!!!!

I can't remember if i had it before the leveling kit but I sure do now. I figured I would try 4wd after the install to see if the truck would vibrate under acceleration and it does. I guess I can't really complain since its been known to happen. I did try it on dry pavement too so that might be part of it.

Pics are on their way. I promise

#8 ·
in for pics.....and this death wobble its making me not want a leveling kit what causes this? is it just from certin kits or is it from the install????

#10 ·
Here's what HBS released on the matter:

Hell Bent Steel's Disclaimer of Dodge vibrations:

Due to a design issue with Dodge Ram front differential and suspension, some owners may experience a vibration in the front end when in 4x4 mode, or a violent shaking vibration of the front wheels when going over a bump at speed. These two symptoms are often called a “death wobble”, but actually appear to be two different problems with the Ram truck.

The 4HI mode vibration is a vibration or shudder that occurs when accelerating in 4x4 high mode. This affects Dodge Ram 1500 non Mega Cabs; Dodge could not discover why their stock trucks would do this for some customers. The solution for Dodge was to state that there is no problem and that all of the new Rams will shudder or shake when in 4x4 high. This symptom appears isolated to 2006-2008 1500 non-Mega Cab model trucks when in 4-hi mode, although not all of the trucks will exhibit the problem.

The steering wobble or vibration has to do with the steering/ball joint equipment. Dodge has released a TSB about this problem: Daimler Technical Service Bulletin # 22-005-06. This affects 1994-2008 Dodge Ram 1500MC/2500/3500 4x4's.

In either case, it has become apparent that raising or lifting the front of the Dodge Ram pickup may amplify these existing OEM problems. In some cases the symptoms exist on non-modified stock vehicles.

It is Hell Bent Steel's position that if you have installed a 110-200-001, 110-250-001 or 120-200-001, 120-250-001 kit onto your Dodge Ram truck and experience either of the two symptoms mentioned, IMMEDIATELY HAVE THE LEVELING KIT REMOVED FROM THE VEHICLE!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.