DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2006 Mega Cab to 2006 Punisher Ram

32K views 142 replies 21 participants last post by  double0ram 
#1 ·
I had a mini-build thread in a different section, figured i'd start fresh, and put it all in one (and the right) place. All the stock pictures I have:

This is the only photo I currently have of the ram before mods began

2006 Dodge Ram Mega Cab 1500
5.7L HEMI
Infiniti sound system
Sunroof
power rear slider
overhead DVD building

See less See more
#2 ·
I installed 285/70/17 on it, replacing the 265/65/17s. I of course went with a much more aggressive tread (Kelly Safari) They aren't AS big as they could possibly be, however price wise, and manufacture wise, they were my current best option at the time. The stock Michelins lasted me about 55,000 miles. No complaints there!

Found out this 3/4 ton chassis can handle 1 1/2 tons pretty easy

#3 ·
After a long time, about 8 months or so, after installing my tires, I became single, and cash flow was more open. So I started my mad mod month! First up... HIDs! AND, new front plate!

8000k Hi/low/fogs

Fogs are still stock in this photo

Night pic

#4 ·
Shortly after installing the HIDs, I realized how yellow and disgusting my rear "white" (notice the quotation marks) looked. LED replacements!

2002-2006 plate and cargo lights are 168/194 bulbs:

The reverse lights on 02-06 are 3057/3157:

Night shots

#6 ·
I know I shouldn't post all on my own thread, but I wanted to separate the projects, and this thread was started after alot of this was done.

Needed new tail lights too!

Annnnd, to tint them!

Finished product:

I got the third brake light in, and decided AGAINST tinting, due to the fact the smoked lens almost matched my truck dead on.

#9 ·
Wow bro, that thing is a beast!! Thanks for giving me credit with the paint!! I gotta redo my fogs because I painted them first before I actually knew the correct steps and the primer made them crack... I'm trying to convince my friend tO get a mega cab! Can you tell me the part numbers for the tail LEDs again? :rep: again lol

#12 ·
Lookin good, I can come here to get ideas and how they look haha
What paint did you use to color match?
Looks great! Those are some really nice touches.
Pat- No problem on the credit! The sizes for the 02-06 are:
License plate/cargos: 168/194
reverse lights: 3057/3157 (both will work)
07-08 rams are ALL 168/194 on the back end

The seller I deal with has the bulbs I bought listed:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/WHITE-3157-...es&vxp=mtr&hash=item1c1f633753#ht_4366wt_1147

Stang- I used Duplicolor PERFECT MATCH paint... available at Advance Auto Parts. I'll be posting a how-to for the cowl soon, so you can reference that for sure.

Maddog- Thanks for the props! I am getting exhaust done, and I hate to be a copy cat, but I dig your setup. What tips did you get?

#15 ·
sweet thanks million

#17 ·
Sure do! It's listed as BCC0331 Charcoal Grey Met. The barcode number is 026916714954, they may or may not use the first 0 in that code. After the first 3 paint coats, a side by side comparison, your parts will be quite a bit more 'silver' than your truck. Clear coat will darken your paint right down so that it's real close to matching your OEM paint.

#19 ·
hope you get everything you need stang!

#20 ·
make sure to post pics!

#21 ·
Does anyone know where to buy the silver inlays on the doors? I just bought a nav bezel, but it's got the silver instead of wood grain (like I have), so I wanna switch my doors to silver. Kinda think it'll be a better look anyhow.

#22 ·
I got the silvers lol :) why not color match them???

#24 ·
well hell you could paint them anything including silver, not just color match :)

#28 ·
ive always wanted to do that, i think itll look great! and plus you can be our ginny pig!!!!!! do it do it do it!!

#30 ·
LOL!! ive always wanted to crack them lol and paint them but im afraid i wont seal them properly. you should crack them and paint them completely, i dont think just tinting the outside and leaving the marker visible would look right

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.