DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2006 Mega Cab to 2006 Punisher Ram

32K views 142 replies 21 participants last post by  double0ram 
#1 ·
I had a mini-build thread in a different section, figured i'd start fresh, and put it all in one (and the right) place. All the stock pictures I have:

This is the only photo I currently have of the ram before mods began

2006 Dodge Ram Mega Cab 1500
5.7L HEMI
Infiniti sound system
Sunroof
power rear slider
overhead DVD building

See less See more
#31 ·
I just may do that sometime in November, I'll just do it right at my desk at work. I know you can 'bake' these apart, however I would rather not take the chance of ruining a lens due to heat. I usually cut the sealant apart, do what I gotta do, then re-seal it with some good RTD.

#32 ·
yea everyone swears by baking them, have you done this before??

#33 ·
Hemi keep in mind 06 have a different headlight the 07/08
I think it would look pretty cool but I would open the light and tint it instead of just the outsside. Someone here just tinted the marker in there 4th gen lights and it looks pretty good but they also painted the housing black

#34 ·
yea they have the yellow marker underlining the light, i say smoke the markers with nightshades and paint the rest, hell color match it million!

#36 ·
Lol aww.... But yea do that and you'll be set! Then come to Houston and do mine! Inform me when you do it!

#37 ·
whats up Mr. Im done color matching? im really excited to see how the lights turn out!!! man i really wanna do mine so hopefully i man up and go for it

#39 ·
ok ok ok lol so im assuming they're done correct? how are your mirrors holding up?

#41 ·
Wow!!!!!!! Now that looks freaking awesome! Congrats million, def make the truck look so so much better! Post a how to so I can follow it please! :)

#43 ·
man i bet it is....eh im actually doing my mirrors right now, i wrote that write up saying thats how oyu do it, i just havent done it until now and i cant seem to find a right angle to paint them lol

#46 ·
Dam, million idk what I did wrong on my mirrors but I cannot get the paint to stick at all ? I'm going to get them done tomorrow

#50 ·
I originally wanted to cut the silicone out, however the way they designed the light, makes it very damaging to the light to try and get it cut out. It is much easier and more beneficial to bake them. I hate to say that, because I do NOT like baking lights, I was very cautious in the process.

#51 ·
81 degrees and yea I sanded better than I ever have on anything else. I honestly think it was the adhesion. Like it will stick in some spots but not in others

#53 ·
this is a sweet build thread bud and she is comin along quite nicely:) keep the mods comin bud

#54 ·
Ima see how much macco wants, I've had it with them

#56 ·
Truck is lookin good!

I've done a few mods that i'll post pics of later, all the LED lighting on the inside is in, and it's all been debadged. I have some work to do today, depends on what time UPS shows up...but here's the hint...

#60 ·
Alright, somehow got a few off my facebook uploads...

Had to take out the whole center console to get to two screws, which DID NOT go back in when re-installed.

mounted the antenna on the roof, good GPS signal

ran the wire down the windshield rubber

behind the door seals, so all is good to go and sealed up still

ran the wire up to the front speaker deck, totally hidden

And under the speaker deck, where I also hid all the excess wire

I then ran the wire down next to the defrost vent, and grabbed it with a long metal hook to pull it into the radio access area

The new Rec Nav installed, and working!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.