DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Comparison Photo's - Tire Size & Lift

23K views 30 replies 14 participants last post by  megaram06 
#1 ·
I've got a 2001 4X4 Ram extended cab. I'm wanting to put a 5 inch lift on it with 35 inch tires and 15x10 inch rims.

But a lot of the pictures I've seen of Rams with a 5 inch lift and 35 inch tires... Well the tires almost look too small. The 37 inch tires look like they fit the lift and truck better. The trucks just seem to have a better stance.

I've also heard that if you're going to go with tires larger than 35 inches you need more than a 5 inch lift.

Anyone have a side view picture of your truck with 35 in or 37 inch tires for comparison? Preferably with a 5 inch lift.

If you post a photo please include your specs for reference... 5 inch suspention lift, 3 inch body lift, 37 inch tires, 15X12 rims, etc....

#2 ·
I'm not gunna post a photo since I'm only 2.5" taller and 33's haha.

Anyways I can't wait to see how your truck looks after you finish. You'll have to post some pics when your done

G
#3 ·
3" lift on a 1500 MegaCab with LT325/60RX18's. This tire is an equivalent to a 33" tall tire. The wheels are 18X9.

While you were looking for 35's, this may help you in understanding how a 33" looks and I think you are right...a 35 would look better.

#4 ·
Since Maddog showed you what 33's look like I mind as well show you too, but mine hold the stock 20. Mine are not mud terrain tires they are the BFG All-Terrain KOs 305/55/20

#15 ·
@icoveru that truck is beautiful! I love the stance and wheel/tire combo. Those fender flares really do set it off. I like it alot.

Also not to thread jack(it does pertain to the topic)...does anyone have a picture of a 06 1500 standard cab with a 6in fabtech lift and 35's on it. I want to lift my truck maybe this summer but everyone that lifts their trucks has crew cab and so on. I NEVER see standard cab lifted trucks? Any pictures anyone?

#16 ·
ICOVERU that truck is awesome!!

#19 ·
The way i see it....................All the trucks i see on this thread are awsome...............and need a big round of applause.:rockon::beerchug::appl:

#21 ·
@reider...that does look pretty good.

I keep trying different google searches to see if I can find a 06 single cab long bed with a 6in lift. So far nothing. I might just have to figure out photoshop again and start doing it myself lol. Its been a few years since ive worked with photoshop.

And I highly agree; everyone on here seems very pleasant and there are ALOT of very nice trucks on here. I absolutely love the look of new dodges lifted.

#25 ·
That looks great with 37's on it. I want the same fender flares too the bushwacker pocket style. They look pretty cool. Congrats on that truck Icoveru!!

Maddog were gunna have similar trucks haha, same grille and bushwacker flares

#28 ·
depending on the wheel width and backspacing you may be able to run 37's on 5" of lift on a 2nd gen ram. be sure not to go too wide on the wheel or tires though because it will rub. you can order a 5" lift and add a 2" spacer on most lifts with no problems (you will need to adjust track bar and add longer shocks in the front). I personally don't like the "stuffed look" when tires are maxed out on the lift but to each his own.

#30 ·
In my opinion 35" with just a level kit wont look as good as a smaller set. Im doing 33s when i do my level, just fits good that way. If you do a taller than level and throw some blocks in the back to give it an inch or two back there also than 35s may look pretty good, but everyone has there own opinion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.