DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Rancho 4 inch lift

8K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  rinkman 
#1 ·
I service and parts guys at my local my dealer and asked about putting in the mopar 4 inch lift. They had no clue. They had never done one and couldn't even give me a price on labor. They quoted me a price of 2500 without bilsteins and 3100 with (just parts no labor). Basically, since they have never put one in they had no idea. Called a local offroad shop and he recommended Rancho 4 inch. I am checking today with Rancho to make sure they have a 4 inch kit for my 2011.

In my forum search I saw some 2010's with the Rancho. I have a 2011 BigHorn 4WD with the AWD option transfer case and I know there are some concerns about putting a lift on with the transfer case with the AWD option but it seems like it should be ok. Anyone got a 2011 with the Rancho 4 inch lift with the AWD transfer case? How is it working for you?

#3 ·
If you want to go with a 4" lift then thats cool, but a 6" is pretty much the same cost. It just makes a little more sense to me to pay the same for more. If you dont want to go more then 4" then that is a little different. If you are going to throw a leveling kit on now then definitely dont go 4" since it is lifting it like 1.5" for $2000. With the 6" kits you have a lot of variety as well

#4 ·
4 inch lift is all I need. I really want to put 35's (or close to it) on 18 inch rims and I think that would look great with a 4 inch lift. Spent a ton of time pulling up photos of as many 4 inch lifts with 35's and I really like that look. Something like 295/70/18 or something. I like the taller tires.

With the Bilsteins I worry that this wheel/tire combo might look stuffed so still not sure about those. My other concern is finding a good 4 inch lift kit that have been test fitted on the 2011. My local offroad shop hasn't done any 4 inch lifts on a 2011 yet and when I called Rancho they said they still haven't test fit their 4 inch lift on the 2011. I know there are many folks that have a 4 inch lift on the 2011 with no issues. Still trying to decide.

I appreciate any help/input folks can offer.

#7 ·
Seems like Rancho, BDS, and Mopar (superlift) all have good 4 inch kits. Won't be going with the Mopar lift as my dealer basically quoted me 5k and they haven't even done one yet. Likely Rancho or BDS if I go the lift route which is what I would like to do. Bilstein's if I only level. Decisions, decisions........

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.