DODGE RAM FORUM banner

3 inch leveling lift...

35K views 23 replies 14 participants last post by  Wirerat 
#1 ·
Hi, anyone running a 3 inch front 1.5 rear supreme suspension kit on a 4Th gen ram? If so what are your thoughts?

#3 ·
Thanks, problem is that I have already received it and its setting on the table. I might go ahead and try it out and if its an issue I will go ahead and get the 6 inch rough country lift, was planning on it down the road anyway. I'm going to be running 20x10 wheels with a -25 offset on 295 60 20 Terra grapplers, that set up would prob work better with a 6 inch lift anyway.

#23 ·
I am putting my 3" lift on and have been told by guys on Dodge Ram Nation on Facebook that a 3" is the worst thing to do. I have already bought and started the install so I figured I would find out. After hearing what you said I feel more at ease about it. Thanks for your response. I have 33x11.5.18 Falcons so I really shouldn't have an issue.

#4 ·
I have a 3in kit on my 2011. But i wanted absolutely NO factory rake (lame). Im runnin 295 70 18's Nitto trail grapplers which are 34in tall.and have not had a vibration or any other problems in 6000 miles so far since install. 2.5 and will still have a lil rake. But it is personal preference. I like the way my truck looks. And thats all that matters bro! Enjoy the new stance!:smileup:

#6 ·
Exactly, nothing in the rear! Almost perfectly level. Just the 3in in the front. For some reason the picture upload has been disabled on my user cp. Maybe cuz im a NEWB? LOLOL. I will post some pics ASAP!

#7 ·
Well I have had so many problems trying to get my truck done, first I wanted to do a 3 inch body as well...I was told it was no longer available...so I went with a 1.25 body with the 3 inch leveling kit...day before I was going to have it all put on...got t-boned by a drunk driver...so now I have to get that fixed...I think someone is trying to tell me to just get a 6 inch lift and put the 3 inch leveling kit with the 1.25 body with 37's...or that's at least what I'm telling myself.
:LOL:

#9 ·
He did but idk if he will pay. He ending up hitting 3 cars that night and running over 3 people as well, broke one guys leg. Also hit a brand new 5.0 mustang. I'm just turning it over to the insurance co. and letting them try to get the money out of him. I really wanted to pull him out and beat his head in but their were enough people trying to do that already, I actually stopped everyone from trying to kill the dude after about 5 min. of it going on. I have heard its a bad idea to stack front spacer on a lift but if I order the rough country 6 inch idk what I'm gonna do with the 3 inch leveling kit I have now? I'm thinking about trying it and if it vibrates too bad ill take it out, hate wasting parts. I'll prob have to call my tire shop and get them to send my 295 60 20's back then go with 355 60's. I have 20x10's with a -25 offset that are going to be sticking out very far anyway and with a total lift of 10.25 in the front those tires, at almost 37 inches tall and 14 wide, would look very nice and turn without rubbing. If I have vibration I can always just order the front leveling struts and max them out at 2.8 and still be fine.

#15 ·
Im supposably running a 3" but it really only lifted it 2.5 (cheap ebay leveling kit but did the job and rides great) added a 3" pa body and got the 5" pa lift basically for alittle cheaper
I do have the vibration in 4wd tho but I never use it other than that one time I did it just to see if it did in fact vibrate

#16 ·
#17 · (Edited)
So did you do the 5" pa lift (3" body lift +2" spacers) or did you do a 3" body lift with your own spacers.
I wouldn't just push the vibration to the side, you axles and transfer case still spin as you drive so it will cause front end problems eventually
Something else that hasn't been mentioned is when you lift that much like that it also leaves your ball joints on extreme angles and will wear them out much quicker

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.