DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Custom Diesel Steering stabalizer Installed

4K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  coopdigidydog 
#1 ·
I just got new tires and rims, 4 new ball joints, wheel bearings, and alignment and the truck drove ok. I put on 31" inch tires (275/70/17's) but it wasn't as stiff or tight a drive as I'd like so I decided to install Custom Diesel's steering stabilizer and man what a differrence! It drives great now... Anyone else out there with the same mod that has an opinion?

See less See more
#3 ·
Great question. Maybe I should've included that info first... This mod ties the frame rails & steering gear box together, eliminating the flex that causes the truck to wander... It is bolted underneath the sway bay mounts and has a shaft for a nut under the steering linkage that stabilizes it during bumps and reduces flex in that area. It was a real b@#$ to install because I broke off a bolt removing the sway bar, but I finally got it accomplished and really like the way it handles now. No more wander! Of course new front end parts and an alignment helped too...

#4 ·
Cool mod, I bet that's a world of difference!

- Cajun

#5 ·
Great mod! Steering stabilizers are a great thing to get for any truck. They really make a difference and for the better

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.