DODGE RAM FORUM banner

4.7: Installed 3950 Cortex and Custom 50 Series Cat Back

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  jdlatil 
#1 ·
The Cortex has some pretty nice options, but nowhere near a laptop or PC based programmer like what I'm used to on old GM models. The calibration options seem nice, and I heard somewhere that you may be able to download custom tunes? Any input or info would be appreciated.

Since I was rear-ended last month I bought chrome front bumper and chrome dual cut-out hemi rear bumper for my ST model. Finally got my duals done with rolled tips exactly like the Hemi models. I absolutely love the look, and the sound coming form the 50 Series Flowmaster is phenominal! Low end does not seem to have dropped at all, and the upper end rpm's have jumped in power quite a bit.

Two hours after adding the exhaust I picked up the 3950 Superchips Cortex programmer and set it to the 91 Octane setting. Nice difference, but after an update the difference was night and day. Definitely a low-end increase, and a huge top-end increase. Reccomend to anyone with mild mods.

My main question is whether I would benefit form a CAI. I understand our intake tubing is considered a true CAI, but with a programmer and better back-end breathing will I see enough of a difference? Or should I just change the flex tube to smooth out the flow? I already have an OEM K&N replacement filter, hoping to dodge (no pun intended) some expenses. If anyone knows a good, or even cheap option, please point me in the right direction. Thank you...

See less See more
#3 ·
That seems to be the common consensus here. I'm not looking to pay a huge amount for such a little jump. I've heard good reviews about the Airraid MIT tube, just to smooth things out, and at $100 give or take a few, that extra claimed 18 seems interesting. I wonder what really hits the road after that mod?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.