DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Is This Part Compatible/Interchangeable?

128K views 62 replies 48 participants last post by  vocalkeny 
#1 ·
In response to there being a vast number of questions on whether certain parts are compatible/interchangeable between trim levels or model years, this thread is for those of you looking to do swaps from one truck to another and want to know will it fit? Will this part work on my truck? If you want to know will a bumper from a 1997 fit your 2001, here is where you can find out! All we ask is that questions that are not relevant to the topic be posted in the appropriate section of the forum!

- Cajun

#31 ·
Hey im new the the site an new to trucks in general but i just came across a truck i loved an know little to nothing about it sadly. Its a 04 dodge ram 1500 4x4 with the hemi quad cab. It needs some parts that are missing an am trying to figure out what other dodges or trucks i can search for these things from. Any info is good info because it seems like i have a lot of learning to do about this truck.

#35 ·
Are 2001models Compatible/Interchangeable with 2003 models?

Hello everyone ..........new to the forum. Been reading a great deal and trying to determine if driveline parts are interchangeable with my 2003 truck. I have a 2003 1500 SLT 4x4 that needs the rear end replaced. I have found a couple of 2001 units for cheap money but not sure if they will work. I am matching gear ratios and limited slip options but still would like a bit more information before spending the spending on something. Any help would be greatly appreciated.....thanks.

jajdoso@yahoo.com

#36 ·
Hello everyone ..........new to the forum. Been reading a great deal and trying to determine if driveline parts are interchangeable with my 2003 truck. I have a 2003 1500 SLT 4x4 that needs the rear end replaced. I have found a couple of 2001 units for cheap money but not sure if they will work. I am matching gear ratios and limited slip options but still would like a bit more information before spending the spending on something. Any help would be greatly appreciated.....thanks.

jajdoso@yahoo.com
2001 rear axles are 9.25, but they are drum brake and not sure if the spring perches are the same distance apart. Anything 02-08 1500 will work for you.

#43 ·
I would guess they are tied to which engine it has. 2003 was the last year for the 360, the Hemi and 4.7 were also available that year

#44 ·
Steering wheels and Instrument Panels

Hey guys/gals,

I just purchased my very first Dodge Ram pickup. It's a 2011 1500 ST. It had low mileage at just 65000 and was in perfect condition.

Of course, being an ST it doesn't have the bells and whistles of some of the luxury models. My questions are:

1.) Can I replace the steering wheel with no audio controls with one that does and does it matter what year (up or down within a couple) model Ram it comes from? The radio is the RES model.

2.) I've seen where the EVIC instrument panels have been discussed on these forums and people seem to be unsure of whether they can be reprogrammed by a dealer to display correct mileage after installation (not a big deal) - but for the most part, do they fit Ram trucks interchangeably?

3.) The ST Ram doesn't have keyless entry as a standard feature - although it does have the sentry key ignition switch and power doors/windows. How much of a pain is it to install remote keyless entry or RKE with remote control start?

Sorry if my format is wrong or if I'm in the wrong place - new to Ram AND the forum here.

Thanks ahead of time for any help I can get. I do LOVE my truck very much. :smileup:

#56 ·
Steering wheels and Instrument Panels

Hey guys/gals,

I just purchased my very first Dodge Ram pickup. It's a 2011 1500 ST. It had low mileage at just 65000 and was in perfect condition.

Of course, being an ST it doesn't have the bells and whistles of some of the luxury models. My questions are:

1.) Can I replace the steering wheel with no audio controls with one that does and does it matter what year (up or down within a couple) model Ram it comes from? The radio is the RES model.

2.) I've seen where the EVIC instrument panels have been discussed on these forums and people seem to be unsure of whether they can be reprogrammed by a dealer to display correct mileage after installation (not a big deal) - but for the most part, do they fit Ram trucks interchangeably?

3.) The ST Ram doesn't have keyless entry as a standard feature - although it does have the sentry key ignition switch and power doors/windows. How much of a pain is it to install remote keyless entry or RKE with remote control start?

Sorry if my format is wrong or if I'm in the wrong place - new to Ram AND the forum here.

Thanks ahead of time for any help I can get. I do LOVE my truck very much. :smileup:
Here is a post about using a OBD interface and software to install accessories and program your truck to accept them.

#50 ·
Not sure if this is where I should post this, but will accessories (leveling kits, headlight bulbs, etc...) for a 2019 Ram 1500 work on/fit a 2019 Ram 1500 Classic, or should I be shopping for products that fit a 2018 or lower model year?

Thank you.

#52 ·
The 2019 is a gen 5 truck, the 2019 Classic is a gen 4 along with 2009-2018 trucks, so you need the earlier gen parts.

#53 ·
3rd gen grill inserts...

I have the honeycomb style on my 2003. I want the style of the 2006-08, with the horizontal parallel bars. I like the look of the stock, non-chromed black plastic.

Saw this look elsewhere on the interwebs. Maybe easy enough to find a work around solution, but thought I'd ask

#58 ·
Okay so I've got a 2004 Dodge ram 1500 single cab 5 speed nv3500 attached to the 3.7 Magnum two wheel drive good motor no plans except for powered so I ditched it got me a 5.9 Magnum with the automatic transmission ECU and engine harness and transfer case and drive shaft and everything but the axles to make a 4x4 . fabricated me some mounts installed the engine transmission ECU ran engine harness now I've got a plug left on the engine harness it's called the c219 connector okay the one for the 99 and the one for the 04 are exactly the same shape and size snap together no problem except for all the wires are in the wrong spots so I have to repin this connector to match my 04 is this doable and does anyone have a good wiring schematic for the 99 engine harness in the 04 ram instrument side I also received the PDC with everything and installed it in '04
Tire Crankset Wheel Automotive tire Hood

Car Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Land vehicle

Automotive parking light Car Automotive side marker light Tire Vehicle

Motor vehicle Vehicle Gas Car Auto part
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design Alloy wheel
Tire Crankset Wheel Automotive tire Hood
Automotive parking light Car Automotive side marker light Tire Vehicle
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design Alloy wheel