DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Another bed liner question

1K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  The Crow 1994 
#1 ·
My truck has had a rhino liner since new in 04 and it is getting a little tired. The tailgate is starting to peel and the fender wells are pretty abused. There is still a good coating on all the bed, I just want to cover up the tiredness and make the bed look new again. Thinking about dual liner or bed rug, not sure if the thickness of the rhino will matter, but what's the best option, looks and function? Also considering a drop in since the rhino is there to protect rubbing concerns. Price is a consideration too. Wanting to put a factory tailgate spoiler on and maybe bed caps later on. What would you all do and do I have any better options?

#2 ·
Weathertech makes a cool bed liner...

#6 ·
I didnt have the rhino liner sprayed in originally and I cant imagine them really spending them time to re-prep the bad areas in a way that would meet or exceed my expectations. IMHO the entire tailgate needs to be stripped and redone along with the fenderwells and possibly the floor. The rhino lining dealer that originally shot it is over 4 hours away and the nearest one to me is 1 1/2 hours away and I doubt they are going to be just excited to give me their best work since they didnt make the money on it in the first place. That is even if they will do it since I was not the owner when it was sprayed.

#9 ·
If they're a rhino liner dealer, they have to honor the warranty I'd assume. If they didn't give you their best work, I'm sure rhino would like to hear about it. If it's a warranty issue, rhino would reimburse the shop for any work done.

#10 ·
Rhino won't cover normal wear and tear and they certainly won't cover fading under warranty.

Go get LINE-X ReNew which is a patented process available for any brand of bedliner. After ReNew, your bedliner will look brand-spanking new and will have a top layer of LINE-X Premium which won't fade like your Rhino.

Sheesh, that sounds like a commercial!

#12 ·
That old Rhino is called Tuff Stuff. It's a very weak product and Rhino doesn't even advertise it anymore although dealers still spray it.

LINE-X is WAY stronger than Tuff Stuff. I even have the technical data sheets of both products if you want to compare numbers.

#13 · (Edited)
If they will honor the warranty(they should) then they will grind/sand out the bad areas and re spray them. You will just have a very minor line where the seams are. If you go to linex and get the renew it will look brand new and be better than the original rhino liner.

I don't know how people tear up these liners. We use the hell out of our beds and our regular linex liners look like new. No a single dent or tear or peel anywhere. And I'm not just talking about 2x4's and mulch, I slide pallets of brick, etc weighing 1,000+ lbs in my bed often and no damage. I mean I'm pretty careful when loading and unloading, but to me that's just common sense. Use a little caution and it'll last forever. Mine's out in the sun 24/7 too, but I use the cleaner/protectant on it once or twice a year and it looks pretty good.

#14 ·
If you like the sprayed in bed liner and it works well for you, why not go back to Rhino liner, show them what happened and ask what they will do about it? Bedrug makes a nice product, I like mine but depending how you use the bed of your truck it may or may not be the best choice.

#16 ·
LINE-X Platinum, available about July 2013. Extreme duty with UV protection. Platinum is 300% "tougher" than Premium. Absolutely the toughest bedliner offered on the market, hands down.

:smiley_thumbs_up:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.