DODGE RAM FORUM banner

another chrome clad wheel question

719 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Black1 
#1 ·
Ok so I know these wheels are plastic, but is there anything I can do to remove some swirls/scuffs in the chrome? I assume there is nothing I can do, but I just bought this set from a 2010 and they don't look bad, just curious if anything would make the scratches less noticeable or lighten the traces from the last owner neglecting them. It looks like they have been cleaned or scrubbed with too much brake dust on them and it was just swirled around on the chrome. Or maybe they used a bit too harsh of a rag. Of course I am assuming it is from brake dust because the front two are worse than the back two. They are just hair-line scuffs but they are all over. I cleaned them up inside and out with soap on the chrome and whitewall cleaner on the inside to remove all the dust. I plan to use Mequiars Gold Class with Carnuba which is what I use on my paint but is there anything that is better or will last longer at fighting brake dust? Anyone had any luck with lightening the scuffs?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.