DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Photo Whore'n it up =)

106K views 365 replies 112 participants last post by  black ram 00 
#1 ·
Okay I've waited long enough, time to start photo-whoring this site up =)

My new Bone Stock 10' Sport Reg Cab 4x4 Sport...but not for long...

after (just before installing drop kit)

De-Badged, 28% Tint, Ground Force 2/3 Drop Kit, BedRug, BakFlip, BullyDog GT Tuner, Magnaflow CatBack, AirRaid, Nitto 305/50R20 Terra Grappler's.

Head's and Tails are GTS removable Covers. The Third Brake Light, Puddle Lamps, Front/Rear Ram Head emblems were done with NiteShades then cleared.
...all work Done by Myself and my little Bro' ... who has an impressive Body Shop at his disposal on weekends.

My dedicated Drag Tires/Wheels: Mickey Thompson 295/45R17 Street ET's on 17"x9" Black Moto Metal wheels.
Truck runs low 14's, at 3500+ DA. (13.7 Corrected) Next year with Headers hope to break into the 13's

Dash/Console in Piano Black and Carbon Fiber

...more to come

See less See more
#30 ·
Dude you have an awesome truck, love what you've done with it! Feel free to pic ho any time, we don't mind! :smileup:

- Cajun

#34 · (Edited)
The Car Cradle for my Blackberry is a holder only, no charger. From Crackberry.com
...if I need to charge it I plug the cord into the lighter socket in the center console.

The headlight covers have two small rubber sleeves (about 2" long) along the bottom edge that wedge fit into the groove between the headlight and the bumper.
Then a plastic tab along the top (about 2" long) that you need to open the hood to access.

I guess it's good that they are not easy to remove for theft reasons,
but I'd get tired of doing it if I had to remove them everyday. ( the bottom tabs are a very tight fit and you could snap the cover trying to pull it out)
...I only take the top tab off once a week or two and tilt it forward when I wash the truck and need to dry the water that sneaks in. leave those bottom tabs connected

The back covers stick on with velcro strips

#41 · (Edited)
Faster, better handling, better performance, better gas milage.
..and before someone mentions it, No a 2WD was not an option for me (6 months of Winter with ice covered roads in Canada)

Lifting and large tires are for looks only if you're not going to really use it for offroading,
when I was a hard core jeeper that's what we called a poser.

I got the offroad bug out of system already, too expensive

You wouldn't dare take a new Ram on any Jeep trials I've driven
I've been through rivers higher than my hood, and upside down on my lid more than once...

#42 ·
shit dude u were hardcore

#43 · (Edited)
Hehe, I was climbing the hill (steeper than it looks) with a staggered rut up the middle.
While trying to straddle the rut, right at the end, the rear tire slipped off the loose dirt bank on my left and dropped into the rut
..I gave her a little too much gas to get up the last ledge and she flopped over lol!

I drove out of that mess too, just had to crank the wheel hard left and back it up with a little nudge from a friend.
With ARB Air Lockers in both diffs, power still gets to the ground even with two wheels in the air.

Rock Crawlin' in B.C.
I moved my transfer case up flush inside the frame rails so there was nothing to get hung up on.
..Serious Ground Clearance, Suspension Travel and Traction FTW!

#44 · (Edited)
you ever think or trading the bully dodge for a diablo? truck looks sweet. Also see you live xcanada i live ny we get alot snow here how low is your truck. like 2 feet off ground or what because i got snow here too just want to see what you say

#45 · (Edited)
My Ram is running very low 14's already at crappy DA of 3K+, and barely more than stock setup (intake/catback only)
...13.7 with DA correction and about a 5.0 0-60 with a Bully Dog premium tune on 94 octane.

I looked at the DS Predator and decided it looked too much like a kids Fisher Price toy LOL!
I prefer the extra monitoring gauges of the Bully Dog, without going up into the next price bracket for a DS Trinity.

Next Spring my buddy MGram and I are taking the BullyDog GT, Superchips Cortex and his new Trinity to the track to see who's the quickest of the bunch on both our Rams (His is a 10' QC 4x4)

My BD spanked him BAD all Summer when he was on a superchips tune.
That's why he switched over to Diablo. I'll do it too "if" it performs better than my BD...but I'm guessing it will be very close.

as far as Winter goes...
My Ram is only about 1" lower than stock at the front bumper.
The rear was just leveled (-3") so it wont be any different driving in the snow than stock.

We dont often get a ton of snow here, but when we do it's maybe a foot in powder form overnight until the streets get plowed...
Not everyone drives a 4x4 truck here, so if 2wd cars can do it I dont anticipate any issues.

#46 ·
I would like to know where you got all that interior dress up? The dealer? Sick Ass truck BTW!

#47 · (Edited)
Oddly it was at a dealership where I first saw the Piano Black and HAD to have it!
When I inquired they said they had a guy come in to do all their showroom Rams for $700 a pop YIKES!

:doh:

I did some googling and ended up with substantially more pieces for about half of that.

There are several online vendors out there but I used CARiD (not the top of the line B&I 3D kit)
Link: http://www.carid.com/wood-dash-kits.html

DERM09A main kit 27 pc kit
DERM09C additional 18 pc kit
DERM09OB glove box trim
...all in Piano Black ...about $300 total

DERM09D the 6 pc kit that covers the silver dash/console parts
Those are the pieces most peeps just paint body color...but I didn't want too much Black inside,
So went with the Carbon Fiber for an accent.

#49 · (Edited)
Haha it was over 15 years ago when "poser" was a common phrase among the Jeep community
and I've been accused more than once of being a Street Poser on my Mall Terrain tires myself, its all in good fun.

Sorry if anyone was offended :gy:

There's also plenty of Ram owners who say "dropping a 4x4 is retarded" ...I get that a lot lol!
Doesn't bother me, I've got thick skin and already paid my dues in the dirt.
Built my first 4x4 in the early 80's, before "Some" here were out of their diapers.

#50 ·
carid is a nice place i found alot stuff for my sis car its a cheap site and i got a great cupon for you guys if you need one

#51 ·
Best bet....do what you want and let everyone kiss your _______ !!! It's your money! :) I'm lowering mine, and I get a lot of crap for not having a 4x4! Not paying extra for something I will never use! I get a kick out of the Z71 trucks I see with 24" rims and 35 series tires! :)

#60 · (Edited)
Sorry no pic's of the tail lights, How bout' a couple videos?
..actually shot way back in June for the exhaust sound clips

http://s966.photobucket.com/albums/ae146/ecojeeper/Video/?action=view&current=BlackRamHemi019.mp4

this one shows the front park lamps through the headlight covers too

http://s966.photobucket.com/albums/ae146/ecojeeper/Video/?action=view&current=BlackRamHemi.mp4

Flashers after tinting my puddle lamps with Nite Shades

http://s966.photobucket.com/albums/ae146/ecojeeper/Video/?action=view&current=003.mp4

Front Heads/Fogs turned on with GTS covers in place

#56 ·
i want to see more pics of this beauty!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.