DODGE RAM FORUM banner

What do you dislike about your truck?

72K views 354 replies 226 participants last post by  MojoRam 
#1 ·
I absolutely hate the head rests of the seats. I thought it may have only been me, but I have had numerous other people sat in the vehicle they have the same complaint. They just sit too far ahead for comfort. I also find the signal direction lever sits too far away from the steering wheel to use comfortably while driving, and I have fairly long fingers to boot. You have to wonder sometimes if some of these highly paid engineers actually sit in something after they design it ?:feedback:

#3 ·
#1 headlights
#2 every time someone gets out of the truck on the passenger side, the seatbelt lands sideways and rattles till i fix it
#3 headlights
#4 don't have unlimited income to spend on toys

I don't have a problem with the headrests as I lean sideways most of the time anyway :smileup:

#7 ·
^^^^^ I'm with you on the passenger seat belt but that's about all... ;-)

#9 · (Edited)
1) the not so Goodyear hp tires. It's a truck so it should come with Lt rated tires at least!
2) sits too low from the factory, they should be at least 4" higher right from the get go!
3) they put in a stupid governor that kicks in @105
4) they sure did not make it easy to put a car seat for a toddler in.

#10 ·
Definitely sits too low. Also, the fact that they make the a non-limited slip axle even an option for a 4x4. I got the 3.55 just assuming it was limited slip. Won't make that mistake again. One last thing, albeit a big one, I can't stand MDS or at least the option to permanently shut it off without buying a programmer.

#67 ·
Yeah, I made the same mistake of not paying attention to the sticker after reading the "Tow Package". My 2004 Dakota came with 3.92 with the towing package so I thought the same for the RAM. Trucks should come with a minimum of 3.92...especially with a "towing package".

- MDS
- Full tow package with 10K capacity but with mirrors that do not extend or tilt out or even have an included convex mirror?
- Why have the option of a 28 Gal tank? It should be 35 for all of them. They have the room under the bed, between the rails, so charge a couple bucks more per unit and have only one option. Decent cruising range would be the result.
Agreed. Towing package should have all the bells and whistles for towing.
Gas tank (standard) in a truck should also be bigger as they generally have less gas mileage.

Other then that i wish i would have read the build list and realized that just cause i had a towing package that it didnt mean it came with lower gears like 3.92 instead of 3.55's other then my own ignorance i love the truck so far but the damn headrests(gotta love safety...)
Same as previous. I've had no problems with the headrest though as I don't use them anyway.

After one month with my 2500:
3. Grill does not go up with hood, makes it harder to get bugs out of the radiator
Agree. The grill on my Dakota came up with the hood...which made it easier to clean the radiator. But I'm thinking that the RAM is a bit bigger so the engineers thought the grill would get in the way when working in the front end under the hood.

My biggest gripe is that a manual transmission isn't an option. I loved the manual in my previous Dakota. Additionally, more standard tie downs in the bed would have been nice too. I don't always use the bed but when I do, it would be nice if I could have more than four tie down locations. I would've gotten the RAM bed option for more tie downs but it decreases the usable area for stuff. You know, like hauling stuff....sorta the whole point in having a truck.

#79 ·
THANK YOU!!! YES! I notice the same thing. Especially if I'm going around a curve and hit even a small bump or pot hole, the whole truck seems to shift to the side. I thought maybe I had a broken spring or loose spring mount, but I guess thats just the way it is. I'm glad it's not just MY truck. did it with the stock wheels/tires and still the same with the aftermarket wheels and 33's.

#12 ·
I guess my biggest gripe would be that my 4x4 sets the same as every other
stock 2x4 out their, it is 4x4 it should look like it. I added a 2.5 leveling kit and
thet helps but it still could be higher.

#18 ·
Passenger seat belt rattle for sure
Headrest for sure
Bright glare silver center console piece - I fixed that one though...
WOW, nice job! I like it and I hate that glare too. How did you do it (meaning how did you remove it and what did you paint it with?) and is it scratch resistant?

#17 ·
- MDS
- Transmission (lets not kid ourselves, it's crap compared to many others out there). And the 2nd and 3rd gears, which on are they really? Ugh. And don't get me started on the lag after shifts if you're not getting fully into it. (many have reported this issue besides me)
- Yeah, the headrests suck and should be tiltable especially for road trips(they are on or 2009 Honda, our friends BMW and even a rented Lexus we just drove, so why not here?)
- Cruise control swich location on that stalk thing. WTF!?!
- Full tow package with 10K capacity but with mirrors that do not extend or tilt out or even have an included convex mirror?
- Poorly designed rear slide window. Should be much larger and slide down into the cab for protection, not to the side where it can hit peoples heads or catch on something. The Nissan Titan got this 100% right before it's demise.
- Keyless entry but not keyless ignition? Kinda retro considering how advanced the rest of the truck is.
- Why have the option of a 28 Gal tank? It should be 35 for all of them. They have the room under the bed, between the rails, so charge a couple bucks more per unit and have only one option. Decent cruising range would be the result.
- Note: I still love this truck and would buy another one if needed, these items, if corrected, would simply make it near-perfect.

#19 ·
Headlights, Transmission, and the inability to 100% disable the TC and ESP.

#20 ·
Headrests
Suspension rake
Inability to shut off traction control 100%
Driver door squeak that only goes away for a week after lube...
Did I mention headrests?
No lsd, all full size trucks should have this
Headrests...?

#21 ·
what i don't like

The cruise control on the stalk is really stupid. It is totally inaccessible at night cause you cannot see what you are doing and it is also dangerous anytime you start to use it cause you have to take your eyes off the road. Really dumb, Dodge Engineer.

#166 ·
The cruise control on the stalk is really stupid. It is totally inaccessible at night cause you cannot see what you are doing and it is also dangerous anytime you start to use it cause you have to take your eyes off the road. Really dumb, Dodge Engineer.
Not so once you remember what does what. I hated it at first but now I prefer it as everything is controlled by one finger. Button on/off, down set, up resume, pull to disable.

Headlights ARE too dim
Seatbelt Rattle
Trim glare
Why does anyone still use full-size 12v outlets?
Smaller rear seat room
Dumb pockets on the sides of the center console that are thinner then my fingers.

#22 ·
The cruise thing doesn't bother me....after you use it like 3 times you have it memorized and don't need to look at it. The only thing bad about it IMO is that when you press the button to turn it on/off it usually also pulls inwards like you are cancelling the setting...every cruise control I've had has been on some sort of "Stalk" or level off the column.

#25 ·
Yeah, I didn't like the way the seat was. Way too low in the back part of the seat. So I took the two bolts out of the floor bracket and put spacers between the bracket and the floor, that raised the seat up and it feels just right. My complaint is the poor gas mileage. I would settle for less HP and get better gas mileage.

#27 ·
Hi there, brvheart. I put the headrest rod, the part that goes into the seat, into my vise on my work bench and bend the headrest back, one of there rods at a time. Sure, it takes a little doing but it works. Just throw your shoulder against the headrest pad a few times and the thing will bend back. In other words, GET MAD AT IT.

#30 ·
the fact that I didn't get the sun roof (I know that was my fault, not the truck's)

the center console bezel glare (haven't gotten around to painting it yet)

Exco

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.